By unitythemene - 04/07/2019 22:00

Today, I was worried because it's July and I still haven't found a summer job, despite applying to 50 places. It was fine, because I remembered my savings account. I told my parents. Instead of being relieved, they said they're going to take the money from me for being lazy, and using it for my tuition, despite promising to pay for it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 773
You deserved it 340

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Whatever you do, get your degree. At this point you’re unemployable so education is your only hope to gaining marketable skills.

Pull the money out before they get a chance to. Or put a block on the account to where you’re the only person allowed to access it.

Comments

Whatever you do, get your degree. At this point you’re unemployable so education is your only hope to gaining marketable skills.

tounces7 27

Or go into a trade, not have to pay for college, make good money right away, and have a marketable skill for decades to come, instead of simply for the next few years before needing more education. Oh, and have a MUCH higher chance of owning your own business within 10 years.

I looked into plumbing as an example. You have to do four years of indentured servitude before you can get your license (at least in Arizona.) The trades are paying less and less these days.

Hey, at least they’re paying for it somehow. My dad promised to pay for my college, then only paid $150 and didn’t tell me he wasn’t going to pay the remaining $5,000. I didn’t find out until finals week, when the school threatened to kick me out, and I had to get an emergency loan.

Pull the money out before they get a chance to. Or put a block on the account to where you’re the only person allowed to access it.

tounces7 27

Even if he pulls the money out, they can just not pay for the school.

Appears too late that you have learned one of life's most important lessons. NEVER EVER EVER EVER tell your folks you have $$$ as long as you are in their household