Long wait

By Candace - 27/01/2010 03:31 - United States

Today, my best friend planned a birthday party for me at the local Mexican restaurant. NO ONE showed up. We'd told the waiter there would be 18 arriving. Two hours later he brought me free ice cream. Even the non-English speaking waiters knew I was a loser. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 421
You deserved it 3 909

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Your friends suck. That, in my opinion, is the FML. But, I don't know how you got the impression that "non-english speaking waiters knew" you were a loser. Did they come right out and tell you so? Or is it because they brought you free ice cream? A lot of restaurants give you a free dessert when it's your birthday, so that is probably why they gave you ice cream. You shouldn't think of it as a pity-treat. You need to build new friendships and re-build your self-esteem, because automatically assuming the waiters are thinking the worse kinda says you're not comfortable with yourself.

Awww... I'm sorry. Make new friends! I would have gone (I love Mexican food)!! :D

Comments

Wouldn't have your best friend came tho, At least you weren't completely alone..

wait, so ur friend asked all of these 18 people to go to the birthday party, but did they say they would go???idk but u know u still have one best friend, i really feel bad for that no one showed up though...

IwasntHere 0

Thats why i dont celebrate birtdays. Completely pointless.

we are a empathic ppl, sorry about your bday

Why did you have to mention that some waiters dont speak English? Are they usually incapable of understanding "English-speaking folk?" No wonder no one showed for your little party, you degrading bitch.

Dude, she just probably meant that even though they couldn't understand what she was saying and there was a language barrier there, they could tell something was wrong. Calm the **** down and stop being a sensitive wussy.

So Imma wussy for calling out the OP? Ha all I was saying is that their language had nothing to do with what they saw. Dont get so butt hurt over my comment about someone else, that just makes you the sensitive one....dude

I'm inclined to agree with #80. The OP is probably some little rich white girl who thinks nothing of anyone who isn't also white and rich. #81, I see where you're coming from but the fact that she's assuming there is a language barrier and that they cannot understand English is bad enough in itself. Sorry you're dinner party sucked, but either you need to write your FML better or you really are a rude person who stereotypes others.

Haha oops typo your* not you're. Yay late-night grammar fail!

Lozzzza 0

This sounds like a Sex and the City re-run to me.

aprilapril 0

Also known as - A SEX and the CITY episode

larrypoo 0

ummm you people are stupid, she clearly wasn't being racist and if you thought she was you need to go back to school and learn how to interpret sentences. jesus, you people are so touchyy. and even if she is racist, what are you going to do about it?

She said "even the non english speaking waiters" like they couldn't possibly figure it out unless they spoke English. its not that hard op you figured out they were laughing at you and you were the non spanish speaking pendejita that though she had friends.

HEY! She's got a constitutional right to be a clueless moron! She was merely stating the fact that she is SO GOD DAMN PATHETIC that even the ignorant little waiters could sense what a complete and utter loser she is! FYL OP! FYL indeed!

Oplate 0

A quién le importa, perdedor?