Long wait

By Candace - 27/01/2010 03:31 - United States

Today, my best friend planned a birthday party for me at the local Mexican restaurant. NO ONE showed up. We'd told the waiter there would be 18 arriving. Two hours later he brought me free ice cream. Even the non-English speaking waiters knew I was a loser. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 421
You deserved it 3 909

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Your friends suck. That, in my opinion, is the FML. But, I don't know how you got the impression that "non-english speaking waiters knew" you were a loser. Did they come right out and tell you so? Or is it because they brought you free ice cream? A lot of restaurants give you a free dessert when it's your birthday, so that is probably why they gave you ice cream. You shouldn't think of it as a pity-treat. You need to build new friendships and re-build your self-esteem, because automatically assuming the waiters are thinking the worse kinda says you're not comfortable with yourself.

Awww... I'm sorry. Make new friends! I would have gone (I love Mexican food)!! :D

Comments

doglover100 28

That sucks. You got free ice cream. I know that's not the same as having people show up to your party.

What makes you think that just because they work in a Mexican restaurant that they don't speak English?

ColonelCusswords 24

Aren't we all. Don't worry OP, your friend was an even bigger loser for doing that. It's time to show the loser that is in him. If you get what I am saying. Things will get better!

candygirl2015 12

Be honest, u have no real friends, sorry op

Awwww that's awful! At least the waiters took pity on you!

Well they aren't morons who can't tell the difference between 18 and 2 people.