Long wait

By Candace - 27/01/2010 03:31 - United States

Today, my best friend planned a birthday party for me at the local Mexican restaurant. NO ONE showed up. We'd told the waiter there would be 18 arriving. Two hours later he brought me free ice cream. Even the non-English speaking waiters knew I was a loser. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 421
You deserved it 3 909

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Your friends suck. That, in my opinion, is the FML. But, I don't know how you got the impression that "non-english speaking waiters knew" you were a loser. Did they come right out and tell you so? Or is it because they brought you free ice cream? A lot of restaurants give you a free dessert when it's your birthday, so that is probably why they gave you ice cream. You shouldn't think of it as a pity-treat. You need to build new friendships and re-build your self-esteem, because automatically assuming the waiters are thinking the worse kinda says you're not comfortable with yourself.

Awww... I'm sorry. Make new friends! I would have gone (I love Mexican food)!! :D

Comments

well Candace had I been invited I would have went

The question is, did 18 say YES, or were they just invited and no rsvp needed? If no rsvp needed, your friend is an idiot. If rsvp was needed, then those others are jerks. FYL

How does not being a native English speaker diminish one's ability to determine whether or not someone is a loser...? Anyway, FYL. Though there's probably a reason you don't have many friends -- in that case, YDI. Just try to put yourself out there more. Best of luck.

DoorMatCat 3

the waiter probably brought you free desert because he wanted to make you feel better. doesn't mean he thinks you're a loser.

kellbelle032398 0

why does it matter that they were Mexican? u didnt have to say"the Mexican waiter" how bout just plain "the waiter"? im sure they spoke english, because a lot of ppl,(obvi including urself) that rnt Mexican go to Mexican restaurants.

randomchick15 0

At least u got free ice cream

what does being a non-english speaking person have to do with your FML you douche bag flaming **** sucker.

daisysanchez24 7

Aww but that was really nice of the waiter :3