By Callum536 - 22/08/2016 09:51 - United Kingdom - Birmingham

Today, it's my birthday and I'd invited quite a lot of my friends to come round and have some fun. When I got home, I saw a few cars outside. It turned out to be for the neighbours. I waited and waited; none of my friends showed up. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 994
You deserved it 874

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I don't understand how stuff like this happens...even if I had just an acquaintance invite me to something for their birthday I would at least let them know if I couldn't make it. So rude.

Comments

Awww OP I'm so sorry, but if it's any consolation, Happy birthday!

nattlecakes 19

Shove your birthday cake up their asses.

nonsensical 26

It might be more satisfying to actually eat the cake for him/herself.

Hopefully after you posted this FML they all jumped from your neighbors place to surprise you! I wish you a very happy birthday OP! Keep smiling :)

I don't understand how stuff like this happens...even if I had just an acquaintance invite me to something for their birthday I would at least let them know if I couldn't make it. So rude.

katachristic 19

I'm thinking maybe he invited them on Facebook or something and they didn't see it? Or even if they did, everyone is "friends" with everyone on fb and invites their entire friend list to everything, so not replying is kind of socially acceptable there. If they saw a direct message or text and ignored it though, then that's kinda douchy.

I'm sorry to hear that man really, Happy Bday, know you know who your friends are.

nonsensical 26

I don't understand these FMLs. Did none of them say in advance that they couldn't make it, or did they all say they could make it and just agreed amongst themselves that they wouldn't go? Is there no communication? With all these group chats nowadays I find it hard not to know what's going on unless either none of them said they were going; or they're all just assholes. Either way, FYL OP.

nesteremily 31

It's even worse when you call them and they say something came up, or that they just didn't give a damn. No one deserves to be alone on their birthday. Happy Birthday :)