Long held grudge

By thatwas10yearsago - This FML is from back in 2012 but it's good stuff - United States - Reston

Today, I found out why the girl I like won't give me the time of day. Apparently, I called her ugly and pushed her into a puddle when we were in kindergarten. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 803
You deserved it 31 699

Top comments

LiyIa_fml 8

I remember in 3rd grade, girls would call me fat. Walk around and kick my chair, I Still get sad over it to this day when I see them sometimes. Bullying is a serious issue. :/

Comments

DoubleR_Anna 4

Believe me, you remember every mean thing someone has done to you, No matter how long ago it was. Being pushed in a puddle, walking around all wet and dirty is certainly No fun. Especially when other kids will make fun of you too.

Well you bullied her and bullying leaves scares.

moxie0dae 4

This kid told me to shut up in kindergarten. I disliked him all throughout elementry school just because of that.

The real problem here is that the OP bullied this girl but it was such a minor incident to the OP that he apparently doesn't even remember it. The fact that this event happened while they were in kindergarten does NOT invalidate it. The best thing the OP could have done was apologize and REALLY MEAN IT but most bullies can't bring themselves to do that. They think that since their bullying happened when they were kids gives them a free pass and the victim is the problem for his/her inability to 'get over it.'

#61, Very well put. OP doesn't mention trying to apologize, and his username suggests he sees no reason to. The girl is smart to stay away from a guy who just doesn't get this.

if I could give you more than one thumbs up I would.

That's the same reason my friend won't talk to the boy I like. Apparently, he teased her and pushed her in pre-k and she's never forgiven him. She's 13 now.

hannnahmarie 14

Wow she holds really big grudges..

2RaRa25 6

those damn first impressions...

rayahbug 3

Being a girl, I remember everything. This guy asked me to homecoming this year and as he was asking, all I could remember was him getting all his friends to join in and call me a gorilla in 5th grade. No matter what, that stuff sticks. I didn't tell him why, but I'm going to homecoming with someone else.

It has nothing to do with you "being a girl" that you remember everything. I'm a man, nearly 40, and I recall a lot of the rather painful childhood crap with an eerie precision. I can tell you the names of kids, the year, month, and time of day an incident happened that made me angry/look foolish. In 1984, supposed "friends" (yes, of course I know their names) told me that we were going to have a Halloween party at school. Previous years, we had a costume party at school, so I thought nothing of it other than that I was happy for the thought of attending a costume party. I dragged my home-made costume all the way to school that morning only to have the teacher (a nun, never one who was sympathetic) call me "stupid" for believing them. It only got worse. This nun went out of her way to be a cruel bitch to me. Constantly yelling at me for anything I did regardless of how many other times other kids did the same (or worse). At one time she grabbed some GI Joe action figures out of my desk and threw them against the blackboard. I had JUST received those as a gift the night before and brought them in to show my friends. I wasn't doing ANYTHING with them other than placing them in the desk's shelf. She accused me of "playing" with them and threw them against the board. Shipwreck's parrot's foot broke. Pieces from Blowtorch's gear went all over the classroom. Some names I will never, ever forget because of their childhood cruelty.