Long held grudge

By thatwas10yearsago - This FML is from back in 2012 but it's good stuff - United States - Reston

Today, I found out why the girl I like won't give me the time of day. Apparently, I called her ugly and pushed her into a puddle when we were in kindergarten. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 803
You deserved it 31 699

Top comments

LiyIa_fml 8

I remember in 3rd grade, girls would call me fat. Walk around and kick my chair, I Still get sad over it to this day when I see them sometimes. Bullying is a serious issue. :/

Comments

Yeah, being the bully sucks, doesn't it? Well, guess what? What goes around pretty much comes around. Bullies may not remember their victims, but victims remember their bullies.

What's with all these people talking about "grudge issues"? I can still remember many of the specific incidents from being bullied throughout kindergarten and all the way up into junior high. Chances are that when she sees you, all she can think about is that one horrible, embarrassing event. She thinks you're still a jerk because of it. THAT is why she won't give you the time of day. Probably, I mean, there's always the chance that she just doesn't want you.

The_F3rris 11

There are always consequences to our actions. Shoulda thought about that when you were in kindergarten.

"Call a girl ugly and she'll remember it forever" it bothers most girls but its so long ago that she should just step up and take a chance. She's older now so if you do the same shitty thing age can smack the shit out of you ;)

ElishaisSexy2016 9

Lol I had this same thing happen to me except I was in the girls shoes... BUT I let him, which at one time was my enemy, have a chance to redeem himself. :)

jessicadavis374 6

Shows you that we as women can forgive but we never forget!

Psycho_Babydoll 26

... I'm not gonna vote for this one. On one hand, it sucks for you because, let's face it, we're all stupid when we're kids (especially boys, no offence) and do stuff like that. You can be a little shit as a kid and grow up into a perfectly respectful adult. But on the other hand people do remember things like that. That girl probably looks you now and sees the little shit who pushed her into a puddle, even though you've grown past that behavior. Sucks for both sides.

Apparently he hasn't grown past it. He still hasn't owned up to his past bullying and apologized, even though he likes the girl now.

I think she never quite intellectually progressed after that. :P