By Anonymous - 22/02/2018 15:00

Today, I came out as transgender to my extremely accepting and religious family over Facebook. My feed is currently flooded with plans for my exorcism. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 638
You deserved it 1 545

Same thing different taste

Top comments

WeirdUS 29

I've generally found while someone's family might be ok with someone else being gay, trans or bi it becomes a completely different thing if it is in their own family. Sorry to hear that OP, much support here.

Suaria 38

Yes some people don't mean to be mean about misgendering a person. However there are people who do not respect trans people. They will use the pronouns of what the person was assigned at birth, and not respect their pronouns. They will even call trans people "it" or "tranny." It really depends on the context and the person.

Comments

WeirdUS 29

I've generally found while someone's family might be ok with someone else being gay, trans or bi it becomes a completely different thing if it is in their own family. Sorry to hear that OP, much support here.

Really? I’ve found it to be just the opposite. People will talk about ‘those faggots’ and condemn everyone who ‘chose that lifestyle’. But when it’s their own child or nephew, then they realize - with time, at least - that it’s not a choice someone makes like deciding on a taco or hot dog for lunch.

Chris_1163187222 15

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
DraftHail614 17

The suicide rates are still the same regardless of they go with the transition. it suggests there's a higher cormorbidity between suicide and transgenderism. I'm not transphobic and tbh if they transition, it won't affect me, but if it is a mental illness, I'd prefer they get the help they need rather than humor it. I'm not gonna tell someone with schizophrenia that the radio is indeed talking to them.

boopingsnoot 24

More like, psychological distress from being in the wrong body. And dysphoria isn't always a part of being trans.

TruCarnage117 5

I mean, i decinitely feel bad for them but I also believe there aren't misrakes as far as biological sex goes.

Ffs it’s not a mental disorder. What a horrible thing to tell someone who’s already dealing with unreasonable family members calling for an exorcism. “Oh, you’re just mental” Do you say that to everyone dealing with something like this?

Of course transgender people have mental disorders! Imagine the amount of assholes they have to deal with!? It would drive anyone crazy.

That's cool and all. It's your personal life. But please don't get triggered because people "misgender" you.... People don't do it to be hateful.

DraftHail614 17

You have now offended today's liberals. I pray for you, friend. They'll come at you with their feelings.

TBH I feel like the situation with SJW is the same as with people complaining on social media about people who make "it's snowing" posts. You don't really ever see anyone posting that it's snowing but you see the same boring, unoriginal complaints about those people everywhere.

TruCarnage117 5

Are you claiming you don't see SJWs on the internet? Just people complaining about them? Honestly asking for clarification

Suaria 38

Yes some people don't mean to be mean about misgendering a person. However there are people who do not respect trans people. They will use the pronouns of what the person was assigned at birth, and not respect their pronouns. They will even call trans people "it" or "tranny." It really depends on the context and the person.

People actually perform exorcisms on transgender people? What the heck?

Hey, those are the people who "pray the gay away". Being transgender is like a massive dose of gay for them; it calls for desperate measures.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
Wintermelons 19
boopingsnoot 24

Find someplace safe to stay while they calm the **** down. Exorcisms can be used as a cover for honor killings even in the US, especially if the rest of the community has similar views.

If the family is Christian, they will rather chant prayers all day and all night until the person becomes crazy or straight, whatever happens first. You can prepare for it by listening to "It's a Small World" on repeat during a couple of days and taking daily sponge baths with holy water. You might also want to put your Megadeth and Korn paraphernalia in a safe deposit box at the bank. Better safe than sorry.

Nic1330 5

did you really expect that to go any other way, personally I could care less but I'm not your family

Mr_Mole 24

Doing such an announcement over Facebook was totally the wrong way to handle this.

I just hope that by religious you mean some non radical religion. Otherwise saying that would be a death sentence. But you said they were "extremely accepting" so at least you won't get killed for it (unless you were being sarcastic). Hopefully they just need some time to get over it. Or maybe they are just messing with you?