I guess not

By Nick - 16/03/2009 05:08 - Canada

Today, I was talking to this girl I have dinner with every week. She’s always telling me how she loves me and I do the same. She said, "The way we talk and act around each other, people would think we were dating." My answer was, "Aren't we?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 87 775
You deserved it 15 812

Same thing different taste

Top comments

How can you go to dinner every week with this hot girl and not have made some sort of move on her? Because it sounds like these dinners have been going on for a while.

It sounds to me like she's asking you to formally ask her out. "A weekly dinner" is something I do with a friend. "A date" is something I do with my girlfriend. Ask her out for some other activity some other time of the week and make it CLEAR that it's a date. Sounds less like she's rejecting you/treating you as a friend and more like she's whacking you with a clue by four.

Comments

has it ever occured to anyone to ask if this was written by a guy or a girl ?

dvsfive 0

btw.... I'm the guy who wrote the FML. and she just laughed really hard and then said: that was funny. i wanted to write that the first time but there wasn't enough room.

CowGoesMoo 0

To be fair, yeah, thats not dating. You can never assume its dating until you actually ask. Otherwise, yeah, you're in the friend zone, and yeah, based on her laugh, you might just be. Sry dude.

pwned. ask her out just for the hell of it

smov09 0

shouldnt be saying i love you so soon

scalenehourglass 0

how can you not know if you were dating? its very simple. if you've kissed/hooked up with her/slept with her, you're dating her. if you haven't, you're not.

thisisntgrant 0

bro, you've both said that you love each other, but you're not dating? i feel like she put you in the friend zone, and that's a friendly "i love you". move on, or come out.