I guess not

By Nick - 16/03/2009 05:08 - Canada

Today, I was talking to this girl I have dinner with every week. She’s always telling me how she loves me and I do the same. She said, "The way we talk and act around each other, people would think we were dating." My answer was, "Aren't we?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 87 775
You deserved it 15 812

Same thing different taste

Top comments

How can you go to dinner every week with this hot girl and not have made some sort of move on her? Because it sounds like these dinners have been going on for a while.

It sounds to me like she's asking you to formally ask her out. "A weekly dinner" is something I do with a friend. "A date" is something I do with my girlfriend. Ask her out for some other activity some other time of the week and make it CLEAR that it's a date. Sounds less like she's rejecting you/treating you as a friend and more like she's whacking you with a clue by four.

Comments

muboshgu 0

how can you have dinner with a girl weekly without hitting it and think you're dating?

CPTobvious_fml 0

You my friend are the equivalent to her "Gay friend" The problem is that you are too stupid to notice that she has no intention of sleeping with you. You should start making her pay for dinner and quit being such a chump. And tuck your tongue back in your mouth everytime you see her.... the drooling thing is pathetic

YouMustBe_Joking 0

this sounds like my life. Sucks doesnt it?

You should have kept your mouth shut and played it cool... She might have been trying to shoot up a flag hoping you would respond to do that, it's not uncommon for women to do that... But I'm sorry that sucks, bro... It could have been the reverse message but she as probably saying " hey when you get around to it, could you please casually ask me out?"

fuckrealIzation 0

Her answer: Yes!...you left that bit out...but nonetheless FYL for acctually trying to make your life sound ****** when it reallly isn't very ****** after all...unless you pay lots of money for the dinner every week in which case she just wants u for your moneyz and yummmyz (the free food) PEACE DUDE!!!

happygoluckyhh 0

Well you refer to her as a 'hot girl' and not your girlfriend so why are you surprised?

ellaaaaaaaaaaaaa 0

i gotta say, last i checked sex or hooking up doesn't define dating. you can pick up any girl at a club or whatever and have sex, but that doesn't mean you're dating her. if that was true then a lot of lives would be seriously ****** lol. unless the sex was really intimate, i definitely wouldn't call it the beginning of dating. also as far as the rest goes, i don't think there needs to be an OK. i think you can do that if you feel lost, but overall you reach a certain point in the relationship where it's pretty obvious (you're meeting parents, hanging out a lotttt). i feel like you probs ARE in the "friend zone." she's said 'i love you,' but was it really in an intimate way? i get the feeling that it was just being friendly. sorry duuuuuude. but, really, if you like her and you've been having dinner every week with her wtf are you doing not making a move?! that'd be why this relationship is staying at the same level, and you probably won't be moving to another anytime soon unless you reallyy change.

Jbiebs82 0

what the f?? I don't get it