I guess not

By Nick - 16/03/2009 05:08 - Canada

Today, I was talking to this girl I have dinner with every week. She’s always telling me how she loves me and I do the same. She said, "The way we talk and act around each other, people would think we were dating." My answer was, "Aren't we?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 87 775
You deserved it 15 812

Same thing different taste

Top comments

How can you go to dinner every week with this hot girl and not have made some sort of move on her? Because it sounds like these dinners have been going on for a while.

It sounds to me like she's asking you to formally ask her out. "A weekly dinner" is something I do with a friend. "A date" is something I do with my girlfriend. Ask her out for some other activity some other time of the week and make it CLEAR that it's a date. Sounds less like she's rejecting you/treating you as a friend and more like she's whacking you with a clue by four.

Comments

perfectionisthin 0

If you're not making out at the very least, or having sex to put a point on it, you're obviously not dating. What's with the FML'ers that think they're dating people they've never even kissed and are suddenly surprised when they find out they're not?

At least you could pull that off and say that you were joking. It sounds like something that I would say in a joking tone

SimpleIdiot 0

lolz nice cut off though she seems a bit braindead

green_199 0

Either A) You've waited too long to make a move and now you're stuck in Friend Mode or B) She's wants you to make a move and was testing you, in which case you should have played it cool (which you most certainly didn't do). You need to communicate better. Either way, stop being Mr. Nice Guy...

#28 - "I HATE it when guys assume we are "an item" because we've been on several dates. Sex doesn't make it official either. You have to say the words "will you be my girlfriend?" or "do you want to be exclusive?". Until there is a verbal agreement you are NOT a couple." So true. If you don't have the balls to make a move, then you deserve to be stuck in the Friend Zone.

It could be that she wants you to ask her out, but if she doesn't, it's not a date, because if it were you would be having sex. #59: do you have to say it to make in official in the US? In France if you went on a few dates and had sex, it basically implies you become exclusive by default, unless you agree otherwise. :p

My boyfriend actually was texting a friend of his like that, I love you, Miss you, Can't wait to see you, all that jazz... and I got jealous about it so I texted her back on his phone making it clear he was in love with his girlfriend. They haven't spoken since. Apparently she thought it was more than a friend kinda thing.

you're in the friend zone, brother. sorry.