I guess not

By Nick - 16/03/2009 05:08 - Canada

Today, I was talking to this girl I have dinner with every week. She’s always telling me how she loves me and I do the same. She said, "The way we talk and act around each other, people would think we were dating." My answer was, "Aren't we?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 87 775
You deserved it 15 812

Same thing different taste

Top comments

How can you go to dinner every week with this hot girl and not have made some sort of move on her? Because it sounds like these dinners have been going on for a while.

It sounds to me like she's asking you to formally ask her out. "A weekly dinner" is something I do with a friend. "A date" is something I do with my girlfriend. Ask her out for some other activity some other time of the week and make it CLEAR that it's a date. Sounds less like she's rejecting you/treating you as a friend and more like she's whacking you with a clue by four.

Comments

RHK_fml 0

i think the FML here is that he thought they were dating, and she clearly wasn't on the same page. either way, make the damn move. getting rejected is the worse that could happen. and #19 sexual harrassment charges? he said to kiss the girl, not grab her **** or rape her.

She was trying to find out if you thought it was dating, you dope! Go buy her some flowers!

idoloveitbaby 0

was i the only one who didn't find this one funny?

You guys go to out to dinner every week and you thought you were dating this girl? I really hope you weren't paying, because that would just make you foolish.

squeaky_fml 0

I HATE it when guys assume we are "an item" because we've been on several dates. Sex doesn't make it official either. You have to say the words "will you be my girlfriend?" or "do you want to be exclusive?". Until there is a verbal agreement you are NOT a couple.

Yinzernation87 0

i hate how girls send mixed messages! you should just outright tell her you wana be with her and if she declines then forget her

Seriously? You guys think she likes him? I'm not so sure! If I liked a guy, and he was slow at making moves... that is definitely not how I would approach it. But I'd so say that to a guy who was hanging out with me all the time at dinners if I WASN'T interested. But if she doesn't like you... how on earth could she not notice you were interested??? That baffles me.