How do I put it?

By weswithaute - This FML is from back in 2011 but it's good stuff - Australia

Today, my daughter asked me how to spell "Orange". "O-R-A-N-G-E," I replied. Without missing a beat, she says, "No, I mean the colour, not the fruit." She's 16. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 773
You deserved it 7 996

Top comments

For her next lesson, tell her the colour brown is spelt S-H-I-T.

IKickPuppiesHard 16

Beat her with a bag of oranges till she understands.

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Agreed. Darwin Your child is not going to survive. Thank god

indielove 13

This makes me think of mean girls.

leadman1989 15

Still not as bad as the time she forgot how to breath.

unitedfan11 0

Tell her if she knows how to spell D-U-M-B-A-S-S.

p3mguin 7

A little to hard on the head, don't you think?

jonan1212 5

For every time she spells it wrong throw an orange at her

You must mean "ask her" you illiterate moron!

AaronTkr 0

Wait. Wait. Wait. who's Darwin.

138- I think #7 is referring to Charles Darwin and his theory of natural selection. Meaning that she is an unevolved specimen and will not make it whilst us more evovled creatures are still in the same area as her, she hasn't developed the tools that are necessary to stay alive. That's how I took it, I could be and am most likely wrong though in assuming this is what she meant.

Damn_Hippster 11

OP, if you didn't drop her on her head when she was younger, then try dropping her on her head now. Who knows, maybe she will get smarter.

Littlemiss__LOL 0

I don't want to live on this planet anymore ..

Nope. They're referring to the Darwin Awards, official awards given to only the dumbest of the dumb, the truest and most forthcoming chlorinators of the gene pool! Google it, some of the winners are actually pretty fail (one guy lost a bus full of insane asylum patients. He gathered random people onto the bus and drove them to the asylum. He won the #1 Darwin award of 2009). Anyways, the Darwins are like the awards for dumbfucks.

60 - I guess Damien didn't answer her in English class, so she had to ask her dad.

ashtonkay 7

Why would my mom post this! I just thought there was a difference. Excuse me for thinking outside the box.

mrlopez 13

The problem is, you don't breath, you breathe :)

the profile picture makes this even funnier

13FMYLIFE 0

if she's 16 why'd she even have to ask how to spell orange in the first place?...

I'm so glad that I'm not one of the idiotic teenagers of my generation.

a lot of teens ARE smart. not all are idiots.

skyttlz 32

Same I'm 17 and I'm actually pretty smart compared to some of my classmates.

Askzombie 14

Show her annoying orange >:)

amanda_say_whutt 9

The orange does not fall far from the tree.

Aaahh hey 143, I see what you did there!!

todethepandaXD 2

2 If she was a professor, why'd she have to ask how to spell orange?

Vegeto30294 19

#70, shes just not the brightest knife in the crayon box

jayvee81693 3

I'm going to guess that she is a full blood blonde

m0tl3ycru3 0

My cat is orange (note it's the color not the fruit which is spelled orange. Learn the difference!

NotAPedo 0

I don't want to live on this planet anymore!

Whenever I don't know if I should say the color or the flavor of a drink (like lemon gatorade or yellow gatorade) I always just say orange

m0tl3ycru3 0
m0tl3ycru3 0

For her next lesson, tell her the colour brown is spelt S-H-I-T.

ArielTheMermaid 17

Your picture fits so well with this FML

she probably won the spelling bee when she was younger...

IKickPuppiesHard 16

Beat her with a bag of oranges till she understands.

leadman1989 15

Nothing says "I love you" like a tender kiss with the back of your hand.

torikushi 7

It's not your life that sucks, it's your highly intelligent offspring's that does.