How do I put it?

By weswithaute - This FML is from back in 2011 but it's good stuff - Australia

Today, my daughter asked me how to spell "Orange". "O-R-A-N-G-E," I replied. Without missing a beat, she says, "No, I mean the colour, not the fruit." She's 16. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 773
You deserved it 7 996

Top comments

For her next lesson, tell her the colour brown is spelt S-H-I-T.

IKickPuppiesHard 16

Beat her with a bag of oranges till she understands.

Comments

Bob_Cat_fml 14

FYL, she's kinda stupid if she can't consider by herself that the color and the fruit are the same word, the color's name obviously coming from the fruit's name ...

Or the fruits name obviously coming from the colors name

The fruits name actual comes from the colors name...

Bob_Cat_fml 14

Wow ! I never thought I'd meet someone old enough to have been there when words were made up.

Actually, #16 is right, the color's name came from the fruit's. Think about it, if it were the other way around, then why do we have "carrots"? Before the orange was introduced to Europe, people would refer to the color as "red-yellow" or something like that. Fun stuff! :)

That's just took far thinking for me haha ;)

Bob_Cat_fml 14

120, I don't know, I was saying this at random, I never really thought about it. Maybe the fruit comes from the color after all, because it's something new, not like carrots, and they didn't know how to call it and they just started to refer to it as 'the orange fruit' and it became 'orange'. 172, you should be buried just because of your picture. Just sayin'.

Maddoctor 10

-That one there, that's Karen Smith. She is one of the dumbest girls you will ever meet. Damien sat next to her in English last year. -She asked me how to spell orange.

zirnaH 0

Love that movie. That's the exact line I thought of when I read this.

Wow.. she is FACKIN' STUPID! I wish you the best, you will need it.

The fact that you spelt "******'" incorrectly makes you no smarter than she is, dumbass.

L1v3_L0v3_Lau9h 18
leadman1989 15

Op's daughter - Dad I got lots of tasty free candy from this man in a van... it was kinda weird though because he made me eat the lolipop with my eyes closed. Op - o.O

ikickgingers 15

I'm not a man. Her eyes were not closed, she was blindfolded. Get it right, jeez.

maryam8869 7

its ok ,, sometime the brain shut off like that.

adamcichuttek 2

Your brain has shut off one too many ties, hasn't it?

Sometimes when your brain shuts off, you can't switch it back on... On the other hand, some people's brains came with a broken on switch.. I suspect that the OP's daughter is one of these.

I gave you a thumbs up for saying "should have." My biggest pet peeve as of late is when people say "should of." how does "should of" make any logical sense? Are we going to stat where should is from? "Yes, that is should, of Taught."

bizarre_ftw 21

Oh I've been to Taught!! It's a rather boring place, and the land is so chalky!! >.<

why do I have the feeling that you dropped her on her head when she was a child?

What's with all the 'nulls'. Am i missing something?

RawEndo 1