Honesty doesn't pay

By Hayls5 - 04/07/2009 02:19 - United States

Today, I was driving with a friend when we saw a wallet in the middle of his neighborhood road. When we picked it up, we saw it was loaded with cash. We drove to the man's house to return the wallet, and when we handed it to him he told us, "I would give you a reward but I don't have any cash." FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 243
You deserved it 6 024

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If not getting a reward is an FML for you, you truly deserve this one. Whatever happened to human goodness?

Comments

Uh, what about returning wallets w/o the expectation of reward b/c it's the right thing to do?

The only time I have a lot of cash in my wallet is if I have it there to pay for something, like when I brought my car, or the 1 month in advance for renting a house, and I'm usually pretty strapped for cash for anything else if I have a big cost like that. He probably had it in there for something like that, and really meant to say "I have no spare cash". Nice of you to take it back though.

your suppose to FEEL GOOD ABOUT IT, thats apparently suppose to be the reward.

why did you even return the wallet in the first place? no wait, why didnt you take a little money just in case he didnt reward you?

YDI for not even considering what if: -that wasn't his money, he was holding it for someone else -he owed that money to someone -he was tight on money and that was his only cash until he got paid again -he was tight on money because he lost his job -he was planning on spending it on something important that costs a substantial amount of money (a computer, a fridge, a tv, a washing machine, a stove, a grill, an engagement ring, etc..) ..And even if none of those things were true, you did the right thing and he thanked you for it.

Yeah. The majority of people here don't take into consideration that maybe the guy needed to use this money for other means. Perhaps he needed to pay someone back, or get some groceries, or maybe even give the money to his daughter ( if he had one) for graduation.

jdawg777 0

You are a good person and will not burn in hell. Be happy

lastminuteperm 0

Good for you for returning it. But you might have nor gotton a reward anyway.

Can't you not ask for a reward? What's up with a good deed? YDI

take $5 each from the wallet without telling him. it's the least u deserve

YDI for being a self centered ass that thinks you deserve a reward in the first place. It shouldn't even register to you that you are entitled to anything, the fact that you thought you deserved anything for doing the right thing is atrocious.