Honesty doesn't pay

By Hayls5 - 04/07/2009 02:19 - United States

Today, I was driving with a friend when we saw a wallet in the middle of his neighborhood road. When we picked it up, we saw it was loaded with cash. We drove to the man's house to return the wallet, and when we handed it to him he told us, "I would give you a reward but I don't have any cash." FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 243
You deserved it 6 024

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If not getting a reward is an FML for you, you truly deserve this one. Whatever happened to human goodness?

Comments

SusanaSaysRawrxD 0

This is why I think Karma is bullshit. (sorry if i'm double commenting, my comment didn't show up, I'm on an iPhone.) No good deed goes unpunished. Most bad deeds go unpunished, too. Life sucks. There really isnt a reward system. Thats why everyone talking about Karma on this site are retards, and annoying.

Dude. Yeah. Sorry to hear that. It's not the fact that you wanted money, its the fact he LIED TO YOUR GUY'S FACE. The dude could've probbably been polite and be like "Yeah, thanks." Or something. Unless he just said that to **** around with your guy's heads. I have no idea. Next time you find his wallet, make sure hes missing a few dollar bills ;)

slaggerr 0

your a tool for saying this is an FML. FYL for thinking like this you selfish bastard.

Shoulda demanded petrol money, and claimed your petrol cost about 5 times what it really did.

maybe that cash was meant to be banked for the house loan?

You did the right thing, and u shouldn't always expect a reward. But he's a dick for not giving you anything.

People seem to be missing the premise. Whether the guy needed the money in his wallet or not, its the fact that he was an ass about it that DOES make this a FYL. The guy could have just said "Thank ¥ou", rather than just make a statement of how he WOULD be generous, if he had cash, which he technically had. People on this site need to stop acting so morally righteous, you're just as full of shit as the guy with "no cash".

thats why ya always take the cash and give the wallet back without the cash in it. Then say you cant accept a reward and leave.