Honesty doesn't pay

By Hayls5 - 04/07/2009 02:19 - United States

Today, I was driving with a friend when we saw a wallet in the middle of his neighborhood road. When we picked it up, we saw it was loaded with cash. We drove to the man's house to return the wallet, and when we handed it to him he told us, "I would give you a reward but I don't have any cash." FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 243
You deserved it 6 024

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If not getting a reward is an FML for you, you truly deserve this one. Whatever happened to human goodness?

Comments

Nevergive shit back. that's what you get for trying to be nice in an evil world.

girlygirl666 0

You guys are all missing the point. If the OP didn't return the wallet, the owner of the wallet wouldn't have any of his cash at all. Not to mention the mess of having to call all of his credit card companies, and replacing his liscense and all other documents. So, even if he needed that money for something, tough shit!! I would have been more than happy to give the OP half of whatever money that was in there, and be happy i got ANY of it back. The guy who owned the wallet was a greedy, incosiderate ****!! I hope if he is stupid enough to lose his wallet again, whoever finds it keeps all of the cash and tosses the rest.

You should have been like "Oh, really? I guess it isn't your wallet then. Never mind." and grabbed it and run away.

Cheapskate. At least you did a good thing.

cxal_fml 0

For all you know, he didn't have the cash. Just because the money was in his wallet doesn't mean that he wasn't already obliged to give it to someone else - and he could have already been late on that since he lost the wallet

misterman2 3

So your life is ****** because he didn't pay you for doing the righ thing??

LovingCFK 8

that's right, take some BEFORE you show him the wallet he lost ... his ******* fault for losing it. you can always blame it on someone else.

Although it would be courteous for him to show some appreciation for you bringing his wallet back, it makes you a greedy, spoiled bitch for expecting a monetary reward. You did a good thing, yes, but the fact that you posted this on here is a bit sad.

twilightfann23 0