**** off

By Insomniac - 02/02/2012 07:07 - United States

Today, I finally got my stubborn toddler to take an afternoon nap after an hour and a half of wrestling with her. Ten minutes later, a UPS package arrived at my door. The UPS man decided it would be a good idea to ring my doorbell repeatedly in rapid-fire sequence as he was walking away. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 231
You deserved it 2 930

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Buttsexpirate 9

UPS delivery men just want to watch the world burn I swear.

Fangsnuzzles 8

You should put up a sign at your door asking people not to knock so loud, or not to ring the doorbell.

Comments

Fangsnuzzles 8

You should put up a sign at your door asking people not to knock so loud, or not to ring the doorbell.

This is a sign to invest in a carrier pigeon.

That sucks, but it's better than not getting your package. Hopefully you ordered something that helps you put your child to sleep.

I would have thrown something at his head for that >_< ringing it after delivering the package is uncalled for. I'm sorry OP!

alright my new mallet is here (this is a joke do NOT hit toddlers with large hammers)

40- how else would op have know the package was there? ... Maybe think about what youre saying before you start attacking the delivery man.

where I'm from they leave it on the door step and go off and do their job elsewhere

OP would have walked outside eventually. They just knock or ring once here if you hve to sign or let you find it when you come home or go out.... It's not rocket science.

Where I'm from, the only reason the knock or ring on your doorbell is if the package requires a signature. If not, it's left there for you to find for yourself which I enjoy. I hate being bothered by the UPS guys especially with a young child at home.

Im confused- how could he ring the doorbell while he was walking away from the door? Wouldn't he ring it then walk away? Am I stupid or does that not make any sense? /:

You guys are forgetting that if the UPS guy leaves the package without knocking and someone steals it, it would be his ass on the plate !

ThisIsMyReign 4
BeaterOfTheDrums 15

67 that's only if he did something stupid, like leave it out side a gate instead of throwing it over.

88, not all houses have gates, especially ones you can't climb over.

I have a sign on my door. I have come to the conclusion that delivery men either can't read, or just don't care.

Or... Forget the sign and throw him with a f()cking brick.

You could put a sign on your door, you could talk to the people that deliver to you, you can even give them your cell/house number and you can even ask them not to come at certain times. Some of the suggestions I've seen are ridiculous. Do you really want the driver to leave your iPhone 5, Xbox 720, new 3DTV, or computer outside. When you order or after you can contact the company and give special instructions; ranging from don't ring my bell just put it in front of house, give it to my neighbor, put it in my backyard, throw it over my fence or signature required. For me anything I order is signature required. I don't want them leaving my package outside, I'll wait another day or go to the center and get it.

...Why would you NOT want to know your package is there? The number of comments about how you should know you can't trust people these days does not correlate with the number of people who think it's perfectly ok to leave a package on a doorstep for hours. I get it, you have a kid who's asleep, so what? The world will never stop just because you have a child. It's unfortunate, but you're the one who ordered the package.

icantellu 7

That's what I was thinking! He can't ring it as he walks away. Finally, I'm not the only one.

Buttsexpirate 9

UPS delivery men just want to watch the world burn I swear.

I'm convinced the same fate for those silly people... Well at least it wasn't FedEx where they would throw your package over the fence and walk away

chaoticxxxmess 3

How is the UPS man suppose to know you have a toddler with you? He's in a hurry and he needs to get your attention.

I agree 100% with, 13. The situation sucks but that's how I've always gotten notice that I received a delivery. Better than not knowing a package is laying on your steps, waiting to be stolen.

nattynatters 14

It's not that he rang the door bell. It's that he was obnoxious and rang the bell more than called for. I'd be pissed too.

thesunsetglow_fml 8

8- I thought that was UPS that did that? 13- it says that he rang it when he was walking away, which means he would have already gotten her attention. Complete dick move.

But wait... I am under the impression the UPS guy did so after having delivered the package. It does say that he rang the door in rapid sequence as he was walking away, which is odd unless he mashed the damn thing with a long stick as he walked away. Would not walking away indicate he delivered, then rang the doorbell? Confusing...

LO388 7

76 - I imagine he left the package on the front steps, then rang the doorbell to let OP know it was there before walking away. And to the others who said he was in a hurry: since he presumably wasn't waiting for OP, the rapid-fire was probably a little unnecessary. One or two rings likely would have been enough to get OP's attention

That...makes much more sense. I was never here.

That's when you go outside and slap the bitch and make him cry.

You will probably get slapped back harder. With a fist.

I'm pretty sure a slap will get you nowhere, and that you'll get put on your ass

That UPS delivery man was just so nice (end of sarcasm). Honestly, what was the point. Hopefully, you were able to get her back to sleep quickly.

L1v3_L0v3_Lau9h 18

The point in doing that, #5, is so the OP would know that their package had arrived.

saIty 17

Ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding doooooong.

That UPS guy is an asshole. Good luck with your child now.

xXxIracebethxXx 14

How is the UPS guy an asshole? He didn't go to the house and just be like, "Ooh, a sleeping baby! I'm going to ring this doorbell in rapid speed mode! HERP DERP." He may have unnecessarily rung the doorbell the way he did, but he did it so the owner knew the package was delivered.