**** off

By Insomniac - 02/02/2012 07:07 - United States

Today, I finally got my stubborn toddler to take an afternoon nap after an hour and a half of wrestling with her. Ten minutes later, a UPS package arrived at my door. The UPS man decided it would be a good idea to ring my doorbell repeatedly in rapid-fire sequence as he was walking away. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 231
You deserved it 2 930

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Buttsexpirate 9

UPS delivery men just want to watch the world burn I swear.

Fangsnuzzles 8

You should put up a sign at your door asking people not to knock so loud, or not to ring the doorbell.

Comments

ckyorelse 18

Put a sign on your door letting the driver know you have a sleeping baby and to please not knock or ring the bell. I have a few houses like that on my route. I just leave the package. No knocks or doorbell rings

Mine does the same thing, only if I don't get to the door within seconds of him knocking he won't leave the package. Postal Service workers are assholes.

A lot of places have policies against leaving packages outside of doors, as they are easy targets for thieves. As for not waiting for you, um, how long does it take to get to your door? He's doing his JOB, not sitting around picking his butt. If you're too slow, tough, he probably just assumes you aren't home. He probably doesn't have all day to wait for you, as he's got tons of other mail to deliver, not just yours.

saucedamarco810 0

I work at ups...we're supposed to do that...

I woulda grabbed the UPS man by,the throat and made him a UPS woman

perdix 29

He wanted you to open up and allow him to enter and deliver his package to you. And at least pretend that it's the best package you've ever received ;)

RedPillSucks 31

That's why she had the sign "All deliveries at the rear" ??

Um, to those people saying they work for UPS: You may be required to ring the doorbell but I doubt you're told to ring it a billion times within a minute. That's what rapid fire sequence means, after all. That was just a dick move on his part. Ring once, maybe twice if no one answers after a minute. No more than that, otherwise you're a douche.

64, You can doubt all you want, if they say it's what they're told to do you can't tell them it isn't... Odds are they get complaints from customers who say they don't ring the doorbell so they're told to do it that way to ensure the thing actually goes off. I'm sure you've been in a situation yourself where you pressed the button but the connection failed. He has a job to do, and doesn't have time to stand around all day making sure your doorbell works...

Tell ya what, you go to a legitimate delivery business and ask them how they are to get a hold of the customer. Are they to knock? Are they to ring the doorbell once? Are they to ring it a thousand times? You go find that out and then get back to me. Guaranteed they will not be required to be an annoyance and ring the doorbell like that. I'm sorry, but it is extremely unprofessional to be a nuisance when delivering something. While the delivery guy didn't know the kid was sleeping, he probably did know to not ring the doorbell an excessive amount of times. It's just common courtesy, and they will not receive much business if they practice theirs this way.

You can't really expect a guy to know you have a sleeping baby. Even if he did ring more than once, if you didn't have a sleeping child, you probably wouldn't even have noticed it. How is he supposed to know? Put a note on your door bell or something, or next time it will be the sweet old granny from down the block or some girl scouts who you will be trying to crucify for using something you could just easily rip out of the wall if it is so much of a sin to ring.

RedPillSucks 31

wow. No one said "What a ding-a-ling" "What a ding-dong" Amazing