**** off

By Insomniac - 02/02/2012 07:07 - United States

Today, I finally got my stubborn toddler to take an afternoon nap after an hour and a half of wrestling with her. Ten minutes later, a UPS package arrived at my door. The UPS man decided it would be a good idea to ring my doorbell repeatedly in rapid-fire sequence as he was walking away. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 231
You deserved it 2 930

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Buttsexpirate 9

UPS delivery men just want to watch the world burn I swear.

Fangsnuzzles 8

You should put up a sign at your door asking people not to knock so loud, or not to ring the doorbell.

Comments

as a delivery driver, we are required to ring the bell or knock to inform you we have left a package. i have people who leave notes saying please knock instead of ringing bell due to children sleeping so i do. if someone steals your package, its my ass in trouble if i didnt ring/knock. and if i ring and cant hear it in the house, i ring again, then knock and walk away. that being said, how your driver was able to ring as he was walking away, i want to learn that trick!

Yulia_fml 0

Naptime is not supposed to be that stressful. It should be downtime for your baby to relax. It doesn't mean they HAVE to sleep. Just leave him in the crib and if he sits and babbles for the full hour, then that's what happens. 9 times out of 10, he'll just fall asleep of boredom though. You are welcome :)

theonlysweetpea 10

The FML suggests that the delivery man knew the baby was inside

I work for UPS and depending on your neighborhood it is policy to knock or ring the doorbell. Customers with babies have been known to leave notes informing us not to ring the bell because of sleeping kids so that's something you could try. You could call and complain all you want but nothing will come of it.

crazyblackchick 0

Drive by ding-dongs! .....you know, that would be an excellent name for a sexual toy delivery service. Or hostess snacks. Challenge accepted.

When my son was a baby & was napping, I'd put a sign in the door that said "Do not disturb! Baby Asleep!" It worked fine until one day when an asshole salesman rang the bell! I went to the door & he said "I just wanted to see if your sign was real!" Meanwhile, baby screaming in background! I called him an asshole & shut the door in his face!!

That was 22 years ago! I guess things haven't changed much!!

lucy7368 2

1. My UPS guy is hot. He can ring my doorbell any time. 2. I believe it takes about 5 minutes and a screwdriver to disable a doorbell. If it's that big a deal, it's worth the effort.

Report the twat! I have someone who delivers to me who rings my bell quickly and loudly every bloody time! He must have slighly deaf people on his route too :(

I deliver for fedex. This is a required procedure for us. Its to notify the recipient that their package has arrived. I have had someone call in and complain because I didn't ring. Can't please everyone I guess...

"The UPS man decided it would be a good idea to ring my doorbell repeatedly in rapid-fire sequence as he was walking away." ...As he was walking away Not sure that's standard procedure...Mr. Fed-ex man