**** off

By Insomniac - 02/02/2012 07:07 - United States

Today, I finally got my stubborn toddler to take an afternoon nap after an hour and a half of wrestling with her. Ten minutes later, a UPS package arrived at my door. The UPS man decided it would be a good idea to ring my doorbell repeatedly in rapid-fire sequence as he was walking away. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 231
You deserved it 2 930

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Buttsexpirate 9

UPS delivery men just want to watch the world burn I swear.

Fangsnuzzles 8

You should put up a sign at your door asking people not to knock so loud, or not to ring the doorbell.

Comments

HannahWho 8

You could call, file a complaint and ask that the man be reprimanded for going rogue and ringing your doorbell. Or you could accept that any other time you might have been grateful for the bell being rung so you knew you had a package at all. It might be policy he has to follow. Either way, your kid will always have something distract/wake them up/cause them to cry and it could be as simple as a doorbell ringing or a dog barking. Having kids does not mean the world is going to make it any easier for you. Either way, no harm no foul.

mariet_fml 23

Sometimes I wonder if I lucked out with helping raise my niece and nephew. I put them in their room, told them to shut up for thirty minutes, and that was that. Consider a politely worded sign for the door asking people to knock softly, and ring up the local UPS location and tell them to tell the delivery folks that one ring is enough.

DaKillaMafia 2

Order something online then immediately after that, set up a boobie trap

GrammarNazzzzzi 6

...with real boobies. That'll teach him.

cstarr 4

File a formal complaint. He had no reason to ring the doorbell like that, except to be a jerk.

L1v3_L0v3_Lau9h 18

I wrote it once and I shall write it again, the reason for him ringing the doorbell was so the OP would be informed that a package had arrived.

How was the delivery driver to know of the sleeping child? ... I suggest you think before making outrageous suggestions!!

LunaDragon 10

#23 The way I understood the fml, was that the delivery driver perhaps knocked or rang once and got Op's attention, when she answered door she of might of mentioned her sleeping toddler and told the driver to keep it low, after driver delivered the package and she closed the door he trolled her and rang the bell several times just to be an ass. But that's just my interpretation. ^.^

16, That "formal complaint" would get filed in the "stupid bullshit to ignore" folder. Delivery companies have real issues to deal with that don't include it being inconvenient for you that they arrived when they did.

GoW_Chick 14

Well he is doing an Under Paid Service, so it's kinda expected for him to be an ass and ruin everyone on his routes day, next time get out the super soaker and get your revenge!

GoW_Chick 14

Go to hell, I hate that you made me laugh at an insult toward me, I thought we were tight jumber *sniffle*

49 - You can never trust anybody... Not even me... Okay maybe you can... Or can you?

GoW_Chick 14

Maybe I was just being sensitive because my comment kinda sucked, my bad, and don't give me the sadface jumber it makes me want to give you a nice long hug, I seem to be giving out a lot of these lately, got to fill my hug quota.

Actually, UPS delivery men get excellent pay, along with amazing insurance and benefits.

When I delivered for UPS I never left a package on a doorstep. I delivered it to a person. If they weren't home they'd get the yellow slip, if I knew/trusted the neighborhood I'd leave it with a neighbor and leave a yellow slip under your door with the name/address of the neighbor who signed for it. That being said, I believe the reason your upset is because the driver rang your bell to let you know you had a package outside and it woke your child up, that's part of their job, you ordered a package, it happens. If you were/are upset that the driver would have just walked away and left it their without you being home I'd share your anger. The world doesn't go on silent mode because you have a small child. And other than extreme circumstances having a child was your descion.

MuchDance90s 0

Agreed. it's frustrating but that's life when you have kids.

That's horrible and UPS isn't great with customer service in my area either. I reported a rude UPS man one time and the next time he saw me, he told me if I treated him better things would be better for me while delivering my printer which he smashed into itty bitty pieces.

They Always Do that so they know the package is there, so it doesn't get stolen!