Empathetic

By anonymous - 28/12/2011 08:14 - United States

Today, my 9 month-old son realized he is just as tired as I am. His solution is to cry loudly. My solution was to cry along with him. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 450
You deserved it 5 174

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Like mother like son, eh? Are you sucking on soothers as well?

Uh, when you are raising a young baby who cries and needs constant attention (and probably experience some post natal depression) I think it's okay to have a little cry when you're over tired and stressed.

Comments

My suggestion as an early educator is to figure out why baby is crying; gas, constipation, hunger… once that is concluded let us say it is got simple attention and comfort is begin by placing baby in his crib. If he cries, have him attempt self soothing. Begin self soothing with small time intervals. If not pick him up. Have him settle then try it again. Slowly increase the self soothing. Breast fed babies get hungry more easily. Message me for more tips. Good luck. :)

lowie89 7

Don't you think she tried all the other possibilities? Babies sometimes just cry and there is nothing you can do to fix the problem. I've been there! You obviously don't have kids or you would know that you can't solve all the problems with the text book.

I was about to call you a jerk, but then I realized you're just 13. You'll understand later.

Just wait until you have a baby. Calling someone else a baby will be the last thing on your mind.

116 and 136 I was just joking and you two just calm down I bet it is really hard taking care of a baby.

Calling something a "joke" doesn't necessarily make it funny. But your picture is funny!

I am sorry to say but nobody here really knows sarcasm

Just put the kid in his crib with warm chamomile tea, and let him cry it out. He should pass out within 20 minutes.

And I meant that with the best of intentions. My parents did that for me all the time. :)

monnanon 13

depends what is wrong but yes sometimes leaving them to cry it out does work. You have to go through a period of learning when to leave them to it and when it pick them up and thats not very fun :S I've had my son get himself so worked up that the only thing that worked was giving him some time to chill out so after all the neccarserys had been checked (food, bottle, nappy, warmth) and he had been cuddled for a long time with no effect I left him him his cot and sat outside the bedroom door, dont 5 mins later he was asleep and when he woke up he was a happy chappy again.

it's okay to cry sometimes , at least you have your son with you

welcome to motherhood, love. I remember getting so stressed I screamed into a pillow until I lost my voice once when my daughter was tiny. it gets better. I promise xxx

desireev 17

Oh dear! Momma, I feel your pain.. Everyone says "sleep when he does.." or what-not. But it's alot easier said than done! There really isn't a solution to the lack of sleep really.. But FYL for sure! Crying is good for the soul.. So go ahead and cry! Try to get some sleep! :)

hateevryone 14

Why when I was younger my mom had trouble taking care of me as a baby because i was the second child. She had to take care of me and my older brother which is harder than taking care of just one child.

Why? When I was born I was a second child. I was just as hard probably harder than taking care of my older brother. Because not only did she have to take care of an infant (me) but she also had to take care of a toddler (my brother). So the assumption of it being her first is bad because it will take more sleep away from you if you have to take care of 2 or even 3 children.

desireev 17

Keevarou- you are, hands down, my favorite commenter! Always so nice and positive!

skyeyez9 24

Ignore the tards on here who never had kids, do not understand an infant's erratic sleep schedule ridiculing you. Nine months of sleep deprivation will put even the toughest guy to tears. On top of that: shit diapers, spit up, feedings every few hrs, post partum depression, missing your "old life" while adjusting to the "new normal." It does get better. At least when they sleep thru the night and even better.....start school!