Casual

By Anonymous - 16/09/2023 23:02 - United Kingdom

Today, my dad casually mentioned my half-sister in conversation. He had her out of wedlock when he was only 13. NEWS TO ME, HE'S NEVER MENTIONED I HAVE A HALF-SISTER BEFORE AND I'M FREAKING 22 YEARS-OLD. Apparently he and mom thought I knew, and just forgot to tell me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 731
You deserved it 80

Same thing different taste

Top comments

that's messed up. especially because it sounds like he didn't care enough about her to have her in his life

Vesi 29

I honestly cannot see ANY 13 year old boy being in any way prepared to handle having a child. I am curious how old the mother was and if the baby was put up for adoption but found her bio parents later.

Comments

that's messed up. especially because it sounds like he didn't care enough about her to have her in his life

Vesi 29

I honestly cannot see ANY 13 year old boy being in any way prepared to handle having a child. I am curious how old the mother was and if the baby was put up for adoption but found her bio parents later.

it doesn't matter though. he became an adult yet still ignored the child. my mom was 16 when she had me and my dad was 19. they both stepped up to the plate and raised me.

The needle tears a hole The old familiar sting Try to kill it all away But I remember everything - Hurt, Johnny Cash

Hurt is by Trent Reznor (Nine Inch Nails). Johnny Cash covered it.

Is she hot? If not, you can relax -- it's no problem.

My family shares that kind of trait. No, they didn't "forget"... they hoped you'd not find out.

2deployments1divorce 11

Children forget things, you may have known and forgot.

Why the hell was he impregnating girls at age 13?! That's ridiculous!!! Just... ugh!!! And your mom knew?! And she still married him?! Wow...

HouseOfM 8

Well considering that they wanted to wait until you were more mature to handle the situation. You 22 not 42. I'm not sure how many people would have handled it well in their teens. Given that your reaction was " im 22 years old!" maybe they should have waited.