Empathetic

By anonymous - 28/12/2011 08:14 - United States

Today, my 9 month-old son realized he is just as tired as I am. His solution is to cry loudly. My solution was to cry along with him. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 450
You deserved it 5 174

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Like mother like son, eh? Are you sucking on soothers as well?

Uh, when you are raising a young baby who cries and needs constant attention (and probably experience some post natal depression) I think it's okay to have a little cry when you're over tired and stressed.

Comments

blacksswan 10

For those of you who say it's not that hard stop being whiny you should stop. I take care of my 2 month old niece and she tires me out so fast I don't even want to know how my sister handles it. I don't blame OP for crying, I seen my sister cry once. Babies are hard work! It takes lots and lots of patience and commitment. It's not as easy as you think it is. OP have you tried playing some soothing instrumental music? I always find a track on YouTube and try it on my niece. Usually works like a charm. Have you ever swaddled him? If yes you should try it, that seem to put babies to sleep. Reminds them of when they were in the womb once all tucked nicely.

Been there, done that. Hope it gets better soon!

thefuckinloser 6
callmesillyxxx 1

thats sounds pretty cute actually...lol

Same thing happened to me once. I was sick and tired and my sister (1 at the time) wanted something and started crying but I didn't want to do anything and felt helpless so I just cried with her.

I thought I was the only person that ever did this. There was one day where I just couldnt imagine spending another moment with my foster son (he would WAIL - not cry - for 3-5 hours at a time until he wore himself out and passed out, even then he would wake up and do this bizzare thing where he cried in his sleep). I layed in the middle of the floor with him on two occasions and just cried because I was so tired and didnt know what else to do, we both cried ourselves to sleep! If you search "vidoes for babies to watch" on youtube there are a few that are black and white images and instrumental music and its the ONLY thing that made him not cry for thirty minutes or so.