Empathetic

By anonymous - 28/12/2011 08:14 - United States

Today, my 9 month-old son realized he is just as tired as I am. His solution is to cry loudly. My solution was to cry along with him. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 450
You deserved it 5 174

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Like mother like son, eh? Are you sucking on soothers as well?

Uh, when you are raising a young baby who cries and needs constant attention (and probably experience some post natal depression) I think it's okay to have a little cry when you're over tired and stressed.

Comments

KiddNYC1O 20

Reminds me of Brian Griffin when he is at that restaurant and a baby is crying and Brian, fed up, mock cries at him. Lol.

monnanon 13

probably not, its more likely to be lack of sleep, stress and feeling bad about not being able to comfort her son. Although postpartum is a real problem i do believe people jump at it too soon. Its a new and stressful time of life, being more weepy is to be expected.

That's a shitty mom. It's a 9 month old. Don't FML about that.

You're pathetic, an insult to parents worldwide. You should just quit...on life.

hey asshole, the world wouldn't exactly stop without you either, so maybe you should just shut the **** up.

kaykay20 0

Better solution, a very comfortable rocking chair. Helps soothe him and put you both to sleep (hopefully). Just make sure to have the chair padded by the handles in case your 9 month old rolls around or leans to far over in his sleep.

Aww, I feel your pain. I think every parent has been there sometime.

My ten month old loves her nook and small silk blanket it works trust me

bobbos100 2

Buy two pacifiers next Time- a big one for U

Chin up OP, breathe and remember this will pass. My two boys kept me up lots at first too. It's not easy and I think I read someone saying how sleep deprivation can make even the toughest guy cry....and it's true. I really hope you have some form of support system that can give you a breather even for a few hours. You'll cry more, you'll wonder how in the world you can possibly do this again and again and again, but I do promise, it's all worth it. Nothing makes me laugh more or brings more joy into my life than my kids. The bad stuff seems sometimes unbearable at worst, but the good stuff will blow that away like it never happened. :) Good luck!