Dammit

By Lvdkinda - 18/06/2009 18:34 - United States

Today, after a month of planning, I started to tease my boyfriend of 3 years about the wonderful anniversary plans I had made for us. It was a secret, so I let him try and guess. He said, "As long as it's not a spa day. That would suck, I'd never go." It's a spa day. That I've already paid for. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 590
You deserved it 26 572

Same thing different taste

Top comments

FYL for already paying for it, but YDI for not knowing what he likes.

Take your best friend and get him something else and just don't tell him about your original idea. It's not that big of a deal. P.S. You'd think after 3 years you'd know if he liked spa days or not.

Comments

whoahanna 0

No, not "awww." This chick assumed that her straight boyfriend would actually LIKE going to the SPA ?!?! It sounds like OP was being selfish and just planning something that SHE would like, not really caring if he would like it or not. Besides, she's known the guy for three years, and she doesn't know what he would and would not like? YDI.

its annoying when people put short comments just to get first. And they end up with second

I'm a licensed massage therapist and actually I have way more straight male clients than I do females. And yes, I work in a spa.

Blacksabbath211 9

Everybody is missing the big question here: how did it take a 'month of planning' to set up a *spa day*?

Not a big deal. You go yourself and get him something else. Or nothing, since he seems like a tool.

Why is he a "tool" because he doesn't like something and she didn't care to figure it out? She has been dating him for 3 years if you don't know what you're partner likes by then seems like maybe you're the "tool". Stop assuming and plan something together not that hard.

FYL for already paying for it, but YDI for not knowing what he likes.

Agreed. I don't know a single (straight) guy who likes taking spa days

Why would any girl buy her boyfriend a "spa day"? Really? Jesus...

Take your best friend and get him something else and just don't tell him about your original idea. It's not that big of a deal. P.S. You'd think after 3 years you'd know if he liked spa days or not.

I've got to agree. You'd think after 3 years together that you'd know if he was a spa kind of guy. Especially if the first thing out of his mouth was "I don't like spas."

#5 is spot on. And why would you plan to take your boyfriend to a spa unless you actually knew that he liked spas? You should have put a little more effort into thinking of something that BOTH of you would want to do for your anniversary...

Tamora 0

i agree. i would have done the same thing. its that simple.

The problem is if she does go to the spa, it is on the day of her anniversery. Her boyfriend probably wants to spend time together and she would just leave him.

i agree with # 5, sounds like a great idea to me. and awww that sucks but i dont know many men who would like a spa day.

A spa day is something you do with your girlfriends or your mom. Not your boyfriend. YDI.

Take your best friend or mom. Get him beer. I seriously don't know any guys who like spa days.

I agree. Take your best girlfriend. Give your boyfriend beer, porno and a BJ. He'll be happy.

Take a friend. Spa days with girls are much more fun. Why would you get your boyfriend a spa day anyways? You should've thought about what HE likes to do, not what YOU like to do. It's his birthday.

dg72592_fml 0

its not his birthday its their anniversary.

CyclonePsycho 1

Mmm, the fresh smell of reading fail.

naomi9241 0

Yeah, agree with all the others. As sucky as it is, next time you should probably go for something he's going to enjoy too.

IghtMike 0

Never ever buy a spa day for a guy, unless their gay, they won't like it.