Dammit

By Lvdkinda - 18/06/2009 18:34 - United States

Today, after a month of planning, I started to tease my boyfriend of 3 years about the wonderful anniversary plans I had made for us. It was a secret, so I let him try and guess. He said, "As long as it's not a spa day. That would suck, I'd never go." It's a spa day. That I've already paid for. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 591
You deserved it 26 572

Same thing different taste

Top comments

FYL for already paying for it, but YDI for not knowing what he likes.

Take your best friend and get him something else and just don't tell him about your original idea. It's not that big of a deal. P.S. You'd think after 3 years you'd know if he liked spa days or not.

Comments

YDI. You should have known what he would and wouldn't want to do and made sure of it before paying. It's not hard to do that without letting the secret slip.

namelessfew 0

YDI. Spa days are terrible gifts. Don't listen to Wanda, Oscar.

haha, corner gas. But yeah... generally spa days and boys don't mix.

i'm a teenage girl and even i know that men dont usually enjoy spa days. or even if they did, it is like punching their masculinity in the balls.

You got a straight man a day at the spa? Straight men who like going to the spa are the miniscule minority, unless he'd been talking about going you have to be crazy to plan this for him. Judging by his reaction, you're insane and thus deserve it.

readblink 1

Once on my birthday my boyfriend got me a present. I said, "I hope it's not something lame like a picture frame!" Guess what it was? hmm...speaking of that...we had our third anniversary last month. He broke up with me today....just thought I would share.

greatnt249 0

You thought you would share...why? Because you thought strangers would care?

I don't know any guy that likes likes a day at the spa.... YDI

why would he want to go to a spa? YDI and YDI for not knowing what he dislikes after 3 years.

flyingpan8 0

do you not know your boyfriend of 3 years?? comeon, if you have been his gf for 3 years you should have sort of figured if he would or wouldn't like a day in the spa. sounds like YOU thought it would be romantic, but seriously, try to put yourself in someone else's shoes once in a while. especially if it involves a relationship!

kandy_fml 0

I'm actually gonna say YDI. You should have known what your boyfriend of 3 years likes. And also, why would a guy want to go to a spa? Obviously there are some guys out there who would be ok with it but I would personally never take my boyfriend out for a spa day. That's a girl thing.

I'm sorry, YDI. I mean seriously, a spa day? WTF? Did you expect him to get his toenails painted firecracker red and get his hair curled?

nonynony 0

To be fair, a spa isn't a beauty salon. A spa day means massages and stuff, which aren't out of the question for men. Still, I agree with you.