Dammit

By Lvdkinda - 18/06/2009 18:34 - United States

Today, after a month of planning, I started to tease my boyfriend of 3 years about the wonderful anniversary plans I had made for us. It was a secret, so I let him try and guess. He said, "As long as it's not a spa day. That would suck, I'd never go." It's a spa day. That I've already paid for. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 591
You deserved it 26 572

Same thing different taste

Top comments

FYL for already paying for it, but YDI for not knowing what he likes.

Take your best friend and get him something else and just don't tell him about your original idea. It's not that big of a deal. P.S. You'd think after 3 years you'd know if he liked spa days or not.

Comments

YDi for getting a guy a spa treatment unless your trying to turn him gay

I feel sorry for the boyfriend, he's been putting up with her for 3 yrs. The OP is another self-centered douche. The appropriate anniv gift for him is for her to go to the gym for a month and then buy some skimpy, slutty lingerie for him to tear off. Of course, it'd be really funny if he said that because HIS anniv gift was a spa day for THEM.

Guess what his present is going to be for you. A night at a strip club.

procrastination_ 0

i think after 3 years you should have known he wouldnt be into that. even if he remotely was, wouldnt that be more of a gift for you?

sbarre1 0

What an idiot. A spa day is a great gift for anyone. It's not like you need to go and get your nails done. Massage? Hullo? He's a tool. Dump him. :)

spinarium 2

you should've known, you've been together for 3 years. FYL though for having your thoughtfulness negated

ladycoyote 0

I can't think of a single male I know, straight or gay, who would enjoy a spa day. I'm female and even I would hate it. It sounds like you're "treating" him to something YOU like and completely disregarding his preferences.

I agree with arcades (#7?). Spa day is for you and your girlfriends. I wouldn't want to go to the spa with my girl, and none of my friends would want to either. YDI

Why would you get a guy a spa day? He is a guy not a chick

This is why presents/surprises/whatever targeted at a group rarely work. On top of that, spending a day at a spa getting body treatments done is extremely unmasculine as it is. For those of you calling the guy a tool, he didn't bitch her out when the surprise was dropped. The girl, however well her intentions may have been, was pretty moronic not to have the foresight to avoid making plans for something men typically have no interest in whatsoever.

Yeah, a spa day where he gets an eight ******* hour massage while his lady partakes in everything else geared towards women. Unless they have a hot tub, which can shave off another half an hour or less depending on how hot it is. Use your brain.