By toobroketoprotest - 16/08/2019 20:00

Today, I found out that the higher-ups aren’t letting us use the break room anymore, so guess it’s back to eating lunch in my car while it’s 100°F outside. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 783
You deserved it 122

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Mooglefox 23

Why in the hell are they no letting you use the break room? We need more information!!

DestinedforHell 16

Depending on where you live that might be illegal. Where I live if you are scheduled to work shifts that require a break they are legally obligated to provide a clean, comfortable break room in which to take that break. Contact your local labour board.

Comments

Mooglefox 23

Why in the hell are they no letting you use the break room? We need more information!!

DestinedforHell 16

Depending on where you live that might be illegal. Where I live if you are scheduled to work shifts that require a break they are legally obligated to provide a clean, comfortable break room in which to take that break. Contact your local labour board.

LostSoul 19

It may be 100° outside, but your car should be whatever temperature you set the A/C to.

Lost_Girl 4

Not every car has working A/C

Not to mention all the gas that would be wasted letting the car idle.

I’m figuring that someone who lives in a place where it hits 100° and they have a full-time job, they should be able to afford A/C and to be able to waste a little gas. If it’s rare that the temps get that high, the op could eat out on the few really hot days.

The problem is that the in-car conditions can be much hotter than the actual weather. Have you never open your car door on a hot & sunny day, and felt like you were getting a blast from an oven?

Since when does Full Time job==Livable Wage for a new car? Debt? Loans? Medical? Mornings are cool, and afternoons you're driving home with windows down. Wind and movement of air. Sitting in the parking lot for your 15 and 30 minute breaks with your car running is a waste of gas anyways. OP should look up labor board, or rebel and take his breaks in the middle of the workplace.

This right here. I live in Phoenix and it can literally get hot enough in a car to cook an egg. Something it can be up to ten MINUTES before the A/C can overcome the heat in a car.

Yeah but their username is “toobroketoprotest” so it’s very possible their car doesn’t have functioning AC and they can’t afford to fix it or eat out

Full time job = livable wage if you get a job/career that isn’t meant for high schoolers to learn how jobs work (minimum wage). Try one of the trades or a STEM/medical job.

Does your car not have A/C? But either way you not allowed in the breakroom does not sound legal

Why can't the break rooms be used? And you do have a car, which should have a/c...

Lost_Girl 4

unfortunately not all cars do for one reason or another

What most people said: Not all cars have working AC. Heck my old car's AC only started working after about 5 minutes, and would shut off if i went over 45. Sitting in a parking lot for 15 minutes and 30 minutes with your car running is a waste of gas. Company should legally provide a place for breaks.

julfunky 29

I like how several people here don’t realize that not all cars have air conditioning. It must be nice.

Phil 14

Something's not right here. Most States, and municipalities, require an employer to provide a clean place, away from the public for employees to take their breaks. You could of course report them to the local labor department; but be prepared for the retaliation that inevitably will follow.