Busted

By Anonymous - 20/12/2009 03:08 - United States

Today, I was approached by a policeman who asked me if I was the owner of the green Camry. Turns out my parents decided to teach me a lesson for lying where I had been by reporting the car stolen. They also wouldn't answer my one phone call. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 008
You deserved it 9 090

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Dude...what the hell....I understand parental punishment may be needed for lying, but giving you a criminal record? Them is some ****** up people right there, OP.

The police should go after your parents for wasting police time and resources. "Teaching kids a lesson" is no reason to do this.

Comments

That sucks. I think your parents overreacted. You do deserve a punishment, but not jail... I guess that's the way gringos think....

shaubygal 11

assssshhhhooollleeesssssssss

missbadluk 0

I would have done the same thing if I were a parent. Especially if you too MY car like you apparently did. Woulda left u in jail for a day or two also. Maybe next time you wouldn't lie to your parents who you are living with and have raised u and are paying for your selfish ass.

HOLY **** THAT IS THE BEST THING I HAVE YET SEEN ON FML. NOVA FTW

Thats why i NEVER EVER trust m parents.Plus they are ass holes.

mansfield_j 27

You deserved this, shouldn't lie about where you are going because first parents can find out anything they set their mind to and second they can trace a cell phone so you should've known

Qwermy 16

This is why one of the first things I did when I turned 18 was to transfer the title on the car I paid for into my own name. (Before age 18, in the US, everything you owb legally belongs to your parents.) If my parents ever get pissed with me while I'm in college, pretty much the worst they can do now is to yell at me.

why were they needing to teach op a lesson in the first place? it may have had something to do with stealing or something bad and they needed to learn the consequences. but if not than f op's life.