Busted

By Anonymous - 20/12/2009 03:08 - United States

Today, I was approached by a policeman who asked me if I was the owner of the green Camry. Turns out my parents decided to teach me a lesson for lying where I had been by reporting the car stolen. They also wouldn't answer my one phone call. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 007
You deserved it 9 089

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Dude...what the hell....I understand parental punishment may be needed for lying, but giving you a criminal record? Them is some ****** up people right there, OP.

The police should go after your parents for wasting police time and resources. "Teaching kids a lesson" is no reason to do this.

Comments

I say fake or not the whole story. Unless this kid had a different last name AND address, the kid probably couldve explained that the parents were ******* around.

Good job copying some old news. Some kid got sent to prison for this not too long ago and ended up getting killed and the parents were pissed for lack of security or whatever even if they were the ones who had made the kid go to jail. Anyway you suck

russianspy1234 11

Fun fact: You don't actually only get one phone call.

That is how we know this is just some little kids lie.

Yeah why did nobody else point this out? Clearly this is fake. At least the part about them not answering her "one phonecall"

10 years ago when I went to jail you got one free phone call. The rest had to be made collect or by purchasing a phone card from commissary.

Did you consider NOT lying to your parents, especially when they were trusting enough to let you use their car? Good luck borrowing it next time.

I hate the generalisatons and assumptions people make on this site because of the ******* word count, we need the whole story, this is why mlia is better

christy_xo 0

She wouldn't be arrested for stealing a car until she was gone overnight with it.. if you give consent for someone to use your vehicle, & they don't return, you can't report it stolen until enough time has passed for it to no longer be considered consentual use. I know from experience.

TheLoneWolf1124 0

wow, if this is real your parents suck, you should torch the house while everyones asleep to justify your new found criminal record.

I agree wholeheartedly with FerrariCake.

So your parents decided to punish you for lying....by lying to the police? Clever parents!

Your parents can be charged for making a false police report. In the county court system where I work, I am certain they would be charged, and they'd probably be surprised at how seriously this would be taken by the D.A. and the judge who heard the case. Also in these parts, police are criticized all the time for failing to respond to serious stuff, and the 911 system gets a lot of flak for having people on hold too long. People like your idiot parents tie up emergency services that, odds are, really need to be utilized elsewhere at any given moment.

"Your parents can be charged for making a false police report. In the county court system where I work, I am certain they would be charged, and they'd probably be surprised at how seriously this would be taken by the D.A. and the judge who heard the case. " They did not make a false report. They lent the car to someone, with the understanding that it would be used to get them to a certain place. The person who borrowed the car breached the agreement by taking the car somewhere else. He likely won't end up being charged or convicted for theft, but there are no grounds to charge the parents with filing a false police report.

F your parents life. Today we saw our car in *scary place we don't want our daughter* we called our daughter to ask why that would happen and she told us it was stolen from her! (at gunpoint?) We immediately notified the police. Turns out she was lying and we have to pay $150 false police report and our daughter is a member of the satanist church/ local ***** house / random other scary place. YDI.