Busted

By Anonymous - 20/12/2009 03:08 - United States

Today, I was approached by a policeman who asked me if I was the owner of the green Camry. Turns out my parents decided to teach me a lesson for lying where I had been by reporting the car stolen. They also wouldn't answer my one phone call. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 008
You deserved it 9 090

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Dude...what the hell....I understand parental punishment may be needed for lying, but giving you a criminal record? Them is some ****** up people right there, OP.

The police should go after your parents for wasting police time and resources. "Teaching kids a lesson" is no reason to do this.

Comments

The police should go after your parents for wasting police time and resources. "Teaching kids a lesson" is no reason to do this.

raiderh808 0

Dude.. you know how much tax payer money those parents wasted? haha

I don't know, probably saving taxpayer time in the long run by teaching him a lesson now rather when he becomes another entitled asshole with entitled children.

nonynony 0

I don't like entitled assholes either, but I think the amount of taxpayer money/police time wasted just to teach a kid a lesson is just as assholish. "Oh, you mean there are real criminals running the streets unpatrolled because the cops are too busy dealing with this FAKE crime? I don't care, I just want you to make my daughter stop lying." Reporting a car stolen when you know perfectly well your child has it, doesn't that constitute a crime in itself?

You should tell your parents to look up what happened to Liam Ashley when his parents did something similar, it's a sad story

wingedtoad 0

Liam Ashley's parents pressed charges after he took the family car without asking. When he was being sent to jail, another prisoner in the prisoner transport van killed him.

That does completely suck. Though your parents are wasting police time, which in the UK is rather illegal

HBubble 3

If you can't look your parents in the face and be honest then you are sad. But they were way out of line reporting you car stolen. That police officer could have been doing something important. Tell them if it ever happens again you will report them for wasting police time.

You should tell your parents to look up what happened to Liam Ashley when his parents did something similar, it's a sad story

Your parents can't fix lying when they lie to get you in trouble for lying. You should call social services and say they beat you. You need to teach your parents a lesson for lying about the car being stolen.

Qwermy 16

if they own the car, they aren't legally lying. if OP owns the car, he wouldn't be in jail.

perdix 29

I guess it's a lot easier than trying to get an Amber Alert issued. I spent a few hours at Missing Persons when my elderly father-in-law wandered off (coincidentally in a Camry), and I heard a few runaway stories. It turns out the lying to your parents is not a crime, just a sin.

atomicmrpelly 2

American parents are ****** up!!!

Mx_Rider 6

whats with all the multi-paragraph comments? really?!

This happened in Texas. Even if the vehicle did belong to the parents, if she had ever, even once, been given permission to drive the vehicle before, it was not stolen under Texas Law. The parents could very likely be prosecuted for false report and in my agency would be.

that's messed up. one time approval = always approved?