Bootlickers

By Starving Student - 17/05/2012 03:42 - United States - Tacoma

Today, I got a ticket for panhandling to get gas money so that I could both drive out to a job interview AND still have enough gas to pick up my dad. Apparently, these particular cops had nothing better to do than harass me for standing quietly next to a freeway entrance with a silly sign. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 224
You deserved it 29 065

Same thing different taste

Top comments

jerseyboy732 16

I'm with the cops, I hate panhandlers

avclovewsh 8

If you have the money to pay a cell phone or Internet bill to post this then you should have enough money to pay for your own gas .... We are all in the same situation and can not spare to give you our hard earned money .. Take a bus and figure it out with out begging or money ..

Comments

You deserve the fine for trying to take people's hard earned money. You couldn't even tell your dad to get someone else to take him?

Helldemon 32

People have a right to do with their money as they wish, if they want to be nice and help someone out, then it's none of your business.

It's not really helping in this case. OP could have called their dad and asked him to get a lift from someone else but instead they didn't and got the fine. OP's fault.

FajitaFreak 3

This has nothing to do with his dad and everything to do with the job interview he was trying to get to. I cannot think of a better reason, besides medical, to give someone in need money. So they can go somewhere that hopefully will allow themselves the dignity of supporting themselves again. That's great. I am truly ashamed to call myself human after seeing the comments from most of the people here. Wow, you people have no heart.

OP could have called a taxi. And look at the comment about someone working their ass off with multiple jobs for a living. I have no sympathy for this person.

Kurochrome 17

157 - ... You do realize that Taxis can cost a whoolleee lot more then gas money, especially if your location's pretty far away?

So many fancy job suggestions for you, OP!

MetalxSoldier 26

Haha... Yeah I noticed that too. I'm not a gamer though. Just a soldier.

wanderingshopper 13

You obviously can pay for phone or Internet access. I bet you smoke and drink too. Well, there's your money. I wouldn't be surprised if the picking up your dad story was fake too!

So what you're saying is, these particular cops had nothing better to do than enforce the law.

I hate beggars! Get a job! By the way, how do you pay for Internet & computer? Take that money & put it in your gas tank. I've been poor & I've never begged for anything! I had to work to get anything!! Harrassing cops? Silly sign? How about dumbass, begging?

Helldemon 32

How do you know this isn't done from a phone? I forgot you have to pay daily to use a computer, I mean no way it could be months or years old. Internet bills are also monthly. He could also be over said parents house. You hate him for trying to get a job? You are pathetic.

You smug " I hate 'hobos'/ beggars" people and the "get a job" people need to get a life. Firstly, have a conscience. Imagine yourself having to beg. Do you think anyone would like it? Secondly, OP is trying to get a job. Stop judging and be decent human beings if you can manage that.

TheDrifter 23

Having to beg? Op wanted spare cash to avoid the inconvenience of public transportation, that's hardly a "need". Jerks like that, begging for cash for luxuries, are what leaves people jaded to the truly desperate.

LeCielNousAide 7

Not everywhere has public transportation. For me, the nearest bus stop is a few miles away near a mall. For my boyfriend, there's absolutely nothing in the whole city and one or two other surrounding towns. So sometimes public transportation isn't an option.

No one has to beg. The 6 hours they're spending bothering people on a street corner would be much better spent finding a job. Most panhandlers are lazy kids anyways, you know.. the ones who hide their nice bikes, phones, iPods, etc behind the freeway barriers.

he was begging in order to get to a job interview... and you suggest to look for a job instead. Something here isn't right.

Helldemon 32

Hope you manage to get the job.