Bootlickers

By Starving Student - 17/05/2012 03:42 - United States - Tacoma

Today, I got a ticket for panhandling to get gas money so that I could both drive out to a job interview AND still have enough gas to pick up my dad. Apparently, these particular cops had nothing better to do than harass me for standing quietly next to a freeway entrance with a silly sign. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 224
You deserved it 29 065

Same thing different taste

Top comments

jerseyboy732 16

I'm with the cops, I hate panhandlers

avclovewsh 8

If you have the money to pay a cell phone or Internet bill to post this then you should have enough money to pay for your own gas .... We are all in the same situation and can not spare to give you our hard earned money .. Take a bus and figure it out with out begging or money ..

Comments

VaultDweller106 7

YDI. Should have spent your money wisely or asked your parents for some.

You, OP, are the reason i dont give money to those people! You make me think they are all a bunch of freeloaders!

deransc 19

Get a job ya damn loser - I hate panhandlers - screw you!

hiandrews69 29

Just because you are down on your luck, doesn't mean you can act like a bum.

first of all...the op could of posted this on a public computer. Second, it's obvious they don't do this ALL the time. They were just in a tight spot. They were on the way to a job interview -HELP your fellow man/women when you can. I have panhandlers on every freeway entrance/exit in my city and you can tell who is desperately out of options and is hoping the generosity can help them survive another day or two and those low lifes who just don't feel like getting a real job. Have some compassion before you're quick to judge. YOU'RE the waste of space if you judge someone before hearing their whole story.

Ok OP there are a few things wrong with this post... 1. If you have a job interview, you should be prepared ahead of time to either, gave transportation or walk. Panhandling is illegal in 37 out the 50 states. So you should know the laws in your area. Cops enforce laws. Ignorance of said law is no excuse. In my life I have used both public transportation (with about a mile walk to the closest stop) as well as biked to work (13 miles in one direction). If you want something, you find a way. It sounds like you may not have been making the best choices so far. I have been broke, I have been a college student, I have lived on my own eating ramen and peanut butter cause we couldn't afford anything else. But you figure it out, and you be an adult. Blaming cops because you did something illegal is ridiculous.

Well it is illegal? YDI for not abiding by the law & then bitching about it when being caught. If you don't wanna get in trouble, don't do the wrong thing lmao

You are a distraction to drivers and could cause unnecessary backups. Take the panhandling somewhere else. YDI