Bootlickers

By Starving Student - 17/05/2012 03:42 - United States - Tacoma

Today, I got a ticket for panhandling to get gas money so that I could both drive out to a job interview AND still have enough gas to pick up my dad. Apparently, these particular cops had nothing better to do than harass me for standing quietly next to a freeway entrance with a silly sign. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 224
You deserved it 29 065

Same thing different taste

Top comments

jerseyboy732 16

I'm with the cops, I hate panhandlers

avclovewsh 8

If you have the money to pay a cell phone or Internet bill to post this then you should have enough money to pay for your own gas .... We are all in the same situation and can not spare to give you our hard earned money .. Take a bus and figure it out with out begging or money ..

Comments

i get the feeling it's not illegal to panhandle in Texas cuz panhandlers are everywhere here, especially the freeways

FreaksandGeeks 5

It IS illegal to panhandle in Texas

There was no one you could borrow gas money from? I despise panhandlers. Most of those ballsacks make more a year than me busting my ass working as a police officer plus 4 extra jobs. I see the same group of people begging all the time and then rotating out to different intersections so it looks like new people. Then at the end of the day they all get picked up by the same car. Asshats. And yes, I did have a bad day at work. I treat people nicely and then you get assholes threatening their children that I'll get them if they don't behave.

I didn't think begging was such a stable source of income. Here in Nyc everyone ignores the beggars so it came as a bit of a shock to me.

You can really see the shock on your profile pictures face Russianfox

That was all fairly believable, except the part where you are a cop AND work 4 other jobs.

KuchkaNumberOne 2

It could be just odd jobs one or two days a week. Not implausible.

FajitaFreak 3

I do not respect people that beg for money when they do not need it for food and in some cases gas money (like trying to get to an interview). However, when they do, go for it. I give them the benefit of the doubt. It's very clear to me you've obviously never been homeless without anyone to call to for help. I have been in this position. No friends. A thousand miles away from my mom who basically abandoned me. Hot during the days, cold at night, no where to clean your clothes, take a shower, even using a bathroom was almost impossible. Try getting a job like that, I dare you. Most people can't get a job even under perfect conditions for their own comfort and hygienic care. No one has any empathy. No one even takes a moment to put themselves in the shoes of someone else. It's a hell of a lot easier to just think they're all drug addicted bums than to believe that they were much like you until back luck hit them and they lost their job.

apatel02 7

Yup!! If you weren't lazy enough then you wouldn't have become a cop in the first place!!

constipatedlady 0

"Most people can't get a job even under perfect conditions for their own comfort and hygienic care" Right! Where do you live where unemployment is over 50 percent?

I hope your in a better place now :) (by that I mean not homeless anymore )

GothInside 6

Alot of cops hafta moonlight on their off duty time to make ends meet, security etc. And he or she is absolutely correct! Panhandlers around here can make alot of money ESP if they sit a kid on the ground at their feet! I felt bad for one lady I always saw in the same place until one day I was later than usual n saw her n her daughter get into a BMW n drive away!!!!

Isn't it well known you never give those guys money, you hand them a pack of crackers or two and say "hope this helps." It solves two problems: them getting beat by other hobos for a lot of food, and the fact that they may want money for alcohol or something, not food.

107, I've been homeless. My car was out of gas but I managed to park it somewhere for the three months that I had too. It wasn't so bad. Churches were willing to help with food and clothing so I could at least maintain a certain level of health during that time. It wasn't easy to find a job, but thanks to Mother Superior I worked for the church as well to make a bit of cash in the mean time.

Don't worry OP keep your head up, things will get better, just have to take the good with bad.

Couldn't you or your dad take the bus?

Because obviously his kid doesn't have the money to drive him? Why WOULDN'T he take the bus.

62-obviously you didn't read what OP said correctly. Please try again.

TheEpicMilkMan 13

I'm pretty sure you were probably bothering some people if your panhandling cause believe me when I say that ***** annoying. I'm happy you got ticketed.

Llamacod 11

No. 5, I would like to give you a hundred thumbs up, best comment if the night

maybe it was because you were doing it of a freeway.... It's not the safest place to stop to give a person money.