Blast from the past

By fat_thighs - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I read a PostSecret that said, "I'm afraid my thighs will start to touch soon." My thighs have always touched. I didn't even know thighs weren't supposed to touch. FML
I agree, your life sucks 61 920
You deserved it 11 952

Top comments

this isn't so bad really. your thighs touching doesn't mean you're fat or anything.

I bet her thighs never touched cause there's always a guy in between them!

Comments

youknowit2 0

I'm a female with 14% body fat (for a girl, that's pretty darn good), I work out (running, biking. soccer, martial arts) CONSTANTLY, have a job that allows me (ok forces me) to work out daily, and my thighs have ALWAYS touched. Someone said it before, I'm sure it has more to do with your hip design and genetics than anything else. When I first read that post secret, I was like "DAMN! If her thighs touching are her WORST fear, then her life isnt really that bad..." But then I went back and obviously she has some deeper rooted issues that are causing her to think that way. Dont let HER fears become YOUR reality. Everyone has a different perception on body image, and there are SO many different body types that are and can be beautiful. I think it depends more on confidence and the way you carry yourself. I've seen plenty of sexy and attractive women (I'm straight and being honest) who have been slightly overweight, but the way they present themselves makes them look 100% better than someone who is thinner and not as confident. Be proud of who and what you are, then dont worry about something as silly as your THIGHS touching. :)

OP: I read this secret and thought the same thing. I wouldn't worry about it too much though; some of us just have more meat on our thighs than others, just like some girls have bigger breasts or whatever. As long as you are at a healthy weight and body size, your shape is your business. Everyone is different.

okay thats stupid i dance 7 and a half hours a week and my thighs touch but my friend who dances more than me her thighs dont touch so it just depends on each person

Sweetheart, your thighs are SUPPOSED to touch. I think that person was trying to say that they were obsessed by this thought, maybe because of an eating disorder or something, but it's not healthy anyway.

I wish everyone would stop slagging off people who's thighs don't touch. Mine don't, and I'm not rake thin, fat, bow legged, or starving myself thanks.

Obviously if someone's thighs don't touch, that doesn't mean they're anorexic. However, it still makes me cringe to see it. I do hate the fact that whenever I gain weight it's always in my thighs, but I hope they always touch.

_afterthought 0

Dude, just because your thighs don't touch doesn't mean you have an eating disorder. Someone whose thighs DO touch and think it's bad, someone will say that they're supposed to, to make them feel better. Who gives a **** if they touch or not? Yeah you could be overweight if they touch, or you could be perfectly healthy.

mj2123 0

The vast majority of women have thighs that touch, myself included. Like everyone has already said, it doesn't mean you're fat or anywhere near being so. Women whose thighs don't touch are usually either very thin or bow-legged (and I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that, but those women are a minority). Don't take other people's PostSecrets so personally - that's not how they're intended. #51 - It's about build, not just fat, and, by the way, women are *supposed* to have some fat on their bodies. #34 - Clearly you're talking about men, but in women, 30% body fat is still considered acceptable, rather than overweight.

My thighs used to not touch and I was far from having an eating disorder. They touch now and I think they're more beautiful these days.

I remember that one. Mine do too. Those exercise machines do wonders!