Not for everyone

By Anonymous - 25/06/2022 10:00

Today, and ever since I gave birth to my son, I’ve hated being a mom. I held him, waiting for the rush of love my mom told me I’d feel and… nothing, I was completely emotionless about holding my newborn son and it’s gotten worse. I really hate being a mom, and my husband just does not understand. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 186
You deserved it 265

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sounds like postpartum depression. It’s normal and you can move past it, but it’s much easier to deal with in therapy. Go get a professional to talk to!

I agree that this sounds like postpartum depression. Seek professional help immediately and don't waste your time discussing your life on social media. Except in the FML comments section, because we know our shit!

Comments

Sounds like postpartum depression. It’s normal and you can move past it, but it’s much easier to deal with in therapy. Go get a professional to talk to!

I agree that this sounds like postpartum depression. Seek professional help immediately and don't waste your time discussing your life on social media. Except in the FML comments section, because we know our shit!

You need to talk to your midwife and a therapist, it's vital for both your health and your son. Postpartum depression is no laughing matter, it can turn into a severe healthrisk for the mother, as well as a threat to the child, depending on how much the other parent is helping. It also generally becomes worse for women who wasn't 100% sure they wanted to have a kid when they got pregnant, or for women who initially wanted to stay voluntarily childless.

this is more common than you think, and fixable. please talk to your Dr they will know just what to do. motherhood is not the fairy magical moment they make it out to be

Yup, doctor time. If this really isn't for you that's fine, and adoption exists for a reason--but feeling numb and emotionless is often a postpartum depression symptom, so go check with a doctor. Odds are you just need fish oil or an SSRI.

LorinRick22 5

The comments definitely pass the vibe check. And also I agree with all of them you should talk to your doctor about ppd. It's very common. sending love your way ❤️❤️

justwanttobesocial...butalsonot 9

This happens to a lot of new moms, you are not alone and there are tools that can help 💜 One of which is to seek out a mental health professional. Here's a a few tips if you decide to pursue that path - When looking for a therapist, do your research just as when looking for a regular doctor. There's different modalities. To name a few that have pretty solid research behind them: -Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) -Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT) -Compassion Focused Therapy (CFT) -Emotion-Focused Therapy Remember that any therapist you find is working for *you*. You are allowed to ask for their qualifications, certifications, schooling, etc. You are allowed to tell them no. A very important question to ask them is if they *also* see a therapist. Any therapist that tells you they don't need their own therapist probably isn't a very good one.