Blast from the past

By fat_thighs - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I read a PostSecret that said, "I'm afraid my thighs will start to touch soon." My thighs have always touched. I didn't even know thighs weren't supposed to touch. FML
I agree, your life sucks 61 920
You deserved it 11 952

Top comments

this isn't so bad really. your thighs touching doesn't mean you're fat or anything.

I bet her thighs never touched cause there's always a guy in between them!

Comments

pandabears 0

mine don't touch at all. nice to know i'm anorexic. and it sounds like you're all just trying to make yourselves feel better since it's not fair to say that skinny people are anorexic. ( - _-)

Moo_Horse 0

some ppl are naturally skinnier than others. every1 has different genes and body types. my frend trys so hard to gain weight but cant. my family has big thighs. just the way we r

ladidadida 0

"You would have to be increadably thin and have no thigh muscles at all for that to happen. I hope whoever wrote the secret is getting some help." this is a little offending to be honest. i'm an athlete and i work my butt off for my body and my thighs don't touch. it's a little offending to say that i have no thigh muscles just because my thighs don't touch. and also, i'm not bowlegged. i think it's only fair to say that it really just depends on your hips and your genetics - everyone's different and it doesn't mean you're fat if your thighs do touch.

Apparantly i have an eating disorder because mine don't touch. My eating disorder is that I eat so much, an african family can live for a week of the food that i eat in one day! I just burn all the food quickly.

way to miss the point of that postsecret. that person has a disorder. also, most people's thights touch. it's normal. how the hell this did get approved?

PostSecret is retarded. A bunch of whiners pretending to artsy. Completely disgusts me.

Postsecrets are called "post secrets" for a reason.. It's peoples personal thoughts and stuff, not ment to offend and have impacts on other people. Anyway, It doesn't mean anything if they do, the majority of people do. But i personally don't find it "unattractive" when they don't touch.. It just depends on a persons build etc.. (:

sh0es 0

I remember reading this article about celebrities and how they estimated body fat from thigh distance. I believe that more than 1/2 inch makes you very underweight. So, not touching is ok, but touching is more normal. I could be misremembering the distance, but it's something like that. Oh, and of the 15 celebs whose pictures they were looking at ... Beyonce was the only healthy one.

don't worry about it. your thighs only don't touch when you're like 7 years old or a runway model...and even theirs do sometimes!

missus_butter 0

A lot of this depends on height. My thighs didn't used to touch so much, but I'm 5'8" and I figure the longer the legs, or something. But my thighs also started touching when I put on 15 pounds after my insane mom left. I came up to normal from underweight at that point, which had been due to stress. So touching thighs doesn't necessarily mean you're overweight, it probably just means you've never been unhealthily underweight.

because_im_bored 0

If your thighs don't touch, it doesn't mean you have an eating disorder. If they do, it doesn't mean your fat. Sheesh people. Genetics, athleticism, diet and more all have to do with how skinny a person is. Can well all stop throwing out generalized comments about people we know nothing about save a username? Everyone's situation is different. In the case of this 'secret', though, obviously the person has a disorder if they fear becoming fat; that is essentially the medical definition of anorexia. So to the OP, unless you would like an eating disorder, this is an 'that girl needs help, glad I don't need any' type thing, not an FML or FHL.