WTF Mom?

By Username - 25/11/2012 23:36 - United Kingdom - Newcastle Upon Tyne

Today, I caught my mother trying to switch my contraceptive pill for Tic Tacs. I don't know what's worse - how far she will go to have a grandchild, or that she thought I wouldn't notice that my birth control left me with minty fresh breath. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 099
You deserved it 1 895

Same thing different taste

Top comments

kdog333 1

maybe she just thought that you had reallly bad breath, and that it had to be fixed really soon.

This is really inappropriate behavior on her part.

Comments

How can some people be so selfish? It is your decision to make and no one else's. What if her stupid tampering got you pregnant, when you are clearly not in that place? A baby is a lot of psysical and emotional work. You have to really want it.... You should have a serious talk with your mother, she can't play God with your life, I would have been furious...

lol i dont think you would notice, you dont suck on your birth control pill do you? and besides dont those pillls come in little sealed packages? so you'd always notice they were opened.

AndelleRae 9

I'd be able to tell the difference between a tic tac and my pills, but my BC actually does leave me with minty fresh breath. For some reason, they are chewable and taste like mint. I realize this comment is a bit irrelevant, but I just wanted to point out that there is minty birth control, lol.

I was on that one when I was on acne medication! my Dad flipped when he saw it. lol

Sorry OP, sounds like something my mother would do. Some moms go to the extremes in order to have descendants. My mom tried to bribe my boyfriend into having a child with me. Just tell her you're not ready for any children.

alexander26_fml 1

And ppl say its our generation that are idiots

Since you're already married, let her have a grandchild while you continue your life with your career. At least she'd feel more occupied with your kid around.

Some people DO NOT WANT KIDS. It makes me incredibly angry that so many people just do not get that.

It doesn't even state that the OP is married. If the mother wants a grandchild that much, who says the OP being married would even be a factor for her?

Some people are being good parents by NOT having kids. If they don't want children, there's a reason for it, and they are right to not have any. They're doing their unborn children a favor.

Uh, no. It's her decision - not her mother's decision, and especially not YOUR decision. If she doesn't want a kid, she doesn't want a goddamned kid. Kindly **** off.

Really? I really hope you are JOKING! "have a kid and move on with your career" wtf? no. just no.

fmaon06 10

Is there a birth control that is oblong like a tic tac? I've only seen round tablets of birth control. Or are there round tic tacs?

actnjakson3000 0

That's actually illegal what she's doing

Yep! Tampering with someone else's med's is a serious crime on a federal level! Thank goodness OP realized they weren't her BC, and caught onto the mother's trick early! FYL OP! Def need to have a talk with the bf/husband about how to handle this one!

deggleston7894 2

Contraceptive pills shouldnt even be legal! Your mom did you a favor!

Are you ******? It's better for people to take birth control to reduce the risk of having an unwanted child than to have children being born into situations where they may not be properly cared for. Not everyone wants kids.

If you sincerely believe this, I suggest forming your own FML, probably revolving around the results of an IQ test you've recently taken.