Get out of my house

By EstefanP - 13/05/2022 14:00

Today, I walked in on my mother-in-law teaching my 11 year-old daughter how to purge herself using a toothbrush. Her logic is that, “If she gets fat, she’ll never get a boyfriend.” She sees nothing wrong, and bitched at me for messing with her future. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 279
You deserved it 112

Same thing different taste

Top comments

slhiggx 17

Keep her away from your daughter. Toxic mentality of old world thinking. That’s Never a thing to teach any person. That love is based on their looks/body weight. I hope that your daughter doesn’t retain what was already taught.. but that was an impactful moment in your child’s life. And it will be hard to undo, but for her I hope you are able to unteach that lesson.

Keep her away from your daughter or this is not just the beginning.

Comments

slhiggx 17

Keep her away from your daughter. Toxic mentality of old world thinking. That’s Never a thing to teach any person. That love is based on their looks/body weight. I hope that your daughter doesn’t retain what was already taught.. but that was an impactful moment in your child’s life. And it will be hard to undo, but for her I hope you are able to unteach that lesson.

kitten79TX 5

Have a serious talk with your spouse about your MIL's stupidity. And tell your MIL to knock it off and not to give your daughter advice ever again

Keep her away from your daughter or this is not just the beginning.

You need to have "the talk" with your daughter. Tell her about chubby-chasers who like BBWs and if she gets fat, she'll still get plenty of action.

Huh? Why would a parent have to teach their 11 year old daughter about chubby chasers? EVEN IF she is overweight, as a child unless there is a dire medical reason such as Cystic Fibrosis, diabetes, allergies, Celiac’s Disease, or food sensitivities doctors don’t put children on diets, in case you’re wondering.

Tell your husband his narcissistic mother is never allowed in the house or near your daughter ever again or you're getting a restraining order against her. What a toxic bitch.

Cut her off. Now. She doesn't get to be anywhere near your kid until she understand what a monumental **** up she is. And even then, she doesn't get to be near her alone. Also make sure your kid understands proper relationships with food and weight.

Get a restraining order and have her charged with child abuse, because that is EXACTLY what she did there.

Mil isn't entirely wrong. The most successful and happy women I know are skinny chics who married successful men. Meanwhile plenty of over overweight girls are in really bad living situations because they can't find a quality partner.

Grumpy Jack 26

Tell you MIL she may be skinny but what about her teeth ? If she still has any since gastric acids destroy them. Anyway, do whatever it takes to keep that ugly bitch away from your daughter. Make sure she understands how dangerous it is. Good luck with that.