By mysea8679 - 12/06/2013 22:09 - United Kingdom - Newcastle Upon Tyne

Today, whilst trying on wedding dresses with my mom, she told me that I looked fat and awful in the dress I liked. When I told her how hurtful she was being, she told me that I should be grateful that she told me what she thought instead of laughing at me behind my back. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 454
You deserved it 7 479

Same thing different taste

Top comments

shadowedpixie 19

Better now than at the wedding.

RpiesSPIES 27

Honesty is the best policy. She could've been nicer about it, but you can still try on plenty more dresses to find the one you LOVE instead of the one you LIKE ;)

Comments

glamorous18 10

If it was a dressed you liked then why does her opinion matter and maybe she was just saying that out of jealousy because it may have looked better than the dress she may have had it would be different IN A WAY if it was your fiance saying he didn't like it because he's the one who will be in the wedding photo of you two kissing and making it official not your mom.

I swear some of these parents should be disowned or cut off by their children. My mom would be banned from the wedding and wouldn't hear from me again until her grandchild was born (if I wanted to get married and have kids). Your mom is a **** of the highest order, OP.

She should have been less of an ass about it though. Is it so hard to just say "I don't like the way this looks on you"?

It's your big day, not hers. As long as you feel beautiful, don't let someone's else's opinion or comment get you down.

Go dress shopping with a BFF or something next time, someone who can give constructive criticism. I was lucky, my mum and I made mine from a back and front picture she made the pattern completely from scratch.

That's so mean, how can she be so unsupportive on your special day?