By mysea8679 - 12/06/2013 22:09 - United Kingdom - Newcastle Upon Tyne

Today, whilst trying on wedding dresses with my mom, she told me that I looked fat and awful in the dress I liked. When I told her how hurtful she was being, she told me that I should be grateful that she told me what she thought instead of laughing at me behind my back. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 454
You deserved it 7 479

Same thing different taste

Top comments

shadowedpixie 19

Better now than at the wedding.

RpiesSPIES 27

Honesty is the best policy. She could've been nicer about it, but you can still try on plenty more dresses to find the one you LOVE instead of the one you LIKE ;)

Comments

Every time I watch those shows of wedding dresses. I always think, why do you bring people with you? Every single time they people you bring will make you feel like shit and whatever you really like is overshadow by what they want. Go alone and get what you want, after all it is your big day, no one else's.

Well, it's good to know other people's honest oppinion, but there's no need to be rude :/

Maybe she was just trying to help, I suppose everyone's entitled to their opinion, but at the end of the day it's your wedding and your husband.

Reply, "you have a fat ass in all of them!"

strangeite 4

It's more important that you're happy with it. If you like it, and you like how you look in it, go for it

Tact. Does ANYONE still have it? Sorry, OP, your mom has a rude way of expressing. (But, honestly, it IS best to know about the dress before buying it, rather than be humiliated in an ill-fitting garment in front of G@d and everyone.)

She should have been nicer about it, but it is good that she was honest about it. Sometimes we don't see clearly about things we have too many emotions tied to.

SynysterNero 20

If she is going to talk to you like that then you should ban her from the wedding. Yes she's your mom, but you don't want her to ruin your big day.