By eslteacher - 13/05/2009 04:39 - Korea Republic of

Today, while teaching English in Korea, my boss gave me a birthday present from her and all of my co-workers. It was a really fancy box. It had very nice wrapping. It had a pretty bow. It was kind of heavy. It was 6 bottles of dandruff shampoo. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 915
You deserved it 8 578

Same thing different taste

Top comments

simplyabsurd 0

Hmmm. Next time you get a chance, sprinkle some fake snow into their lunch and onto your shoulder and meander around the break room. I'd pay to see the reaction.

because they tried to have dandruff. totally. idiot

Comments

Can I be the first to point out the misplaced modifier? To the OP, I understand there's a character limit, but from the way you said it, your boss is the one teaching in Korea. That aside... sorry you had to find out that way, but hopefully this will help you in the future.

I2OI3 0

NICE MISPLACED MODIFIER CATCH - THERE ARE SOME SMART PEOPLE COMMENTING ON THESE...PRESENT COMPANY INCLUDED ;) --- SO HERE'S MY TAKE ON ALL THIS, YOU NEED TO FIND OUT WHAT BAD HABITS OR BAD HYGIENE ISSUES SHE HAS AND LET HER SEE HOW IT FEELS. BUT THEN AGAIN PART OF ME THINKS THEY DID YOU A FAVOR BUDDY, HOW MANY CUTE KOREAN GIRLS DO YOU KNOW THAT WANT TO ROLL AROUND WITH A DUDE WHO HAS DANDRUFF FLAKES ALL OVER HIMSELF??

how bad was your dandruff that you need 6 bottles? what'd you say when you opened the box? were they all waiting in anticipation of you opening the box and loving the gift?

Way to misinterpret, mate. Toilet paper is another common gift in Korea. The idea is to give something useful, rather than frivolous. Try to avoid taking offense at cross-cultural misunderstandings.

beckmanj1 0

If you do have bad dandruff, then get owned, but consider the possibility of it being a gag gift.

You sure like to write alot of short, choppy sentences. Koreans like to give practical gifts. Another popular gift in korean is underwear. And that doesn't mean you're a *****. Stop thinking too think. At least they were considerate enough to get you something.

1215116a 14

Wait...stop thinking to think? I need to think of how you can think by stopping the thinking.. o.o

I2OI3 0

#38 MAKES A GREAT POINT - AT LEAST YOU GOT SOMETHING, GOOD JOB FOR WINING ABOUT IT - DO YOU WANT SOME CHEESE (TO GO WITH THAT WHINE) - CHORTLE, CHORTLE...gUFFAW

Way to be stereotypical #27. Dog as a delicacy is a culture of the older generation, and most of the younger generation are disgusted by the idea. Most people keep dogs as pets too. Learn to accept culture differences as culture differences.

oh that sucks..but its okay. everyone has flaws and they can be improved.(: no need to be ashamed. because we're all human. :D

You musnt be offended by this. It is common practice. If you go to the stores, they have gift boxes with Spam and Tuna or A whole soap set with toothpaste, toothbrush, soap, shampoo, etc. Foreigners may see this as saying you are dirty or something but that is not the case with Koreans. It's a sign of appreciation for your work.. We give boxes of shampoo to each other in Korean thanksgiving and stuff. Do no be offended.