By same - 21/11/2015 06:39 - United States - Palo Alto

Today, my boyfriend decided to gift me soap, a razor, and deodorant for my birthday. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 790
You deserved it 6 876

Same thing different taste

Comments

She could take it as a hint, but I'm just imagining the boyfriend having a panic a few minutes before seeing her and dashing into the nearest corner shop going 'argh argh I'll quickly get her something she'll actually use, chocolate is so cliché'.

I totally thought it was because she hasn't been shaving her armpits. Now I'm wondering if he just sucks at buying gifts. Which is worse? The image 26 gave was pretty funny!

At least he's trying to help you out! :)

I would be happy! Razors are expensive and hey, I'd be fully equipped for some birthday "booty".

At least he didn't break up with you for being a hairy, smelly girlfriend. YDI

Always remember OP: Deodorant is not optional.

Not for everyone apparently. I was shocked to find out my boyfriend has never worn deodorant or cologne and yet never smells bad even at the end of the day. I get out of the shower, sit on the couch and an hour later my pits stink if I don't put any on. Wish I was like him.

I wish my boyfriend was like yours, sometimes mine has to put more deodorant on to go to bed.

If you don't shower for a whole week, how the hell are you in a relationship?

#76 There is too much bacteria on the human body to not shower for a week. Not showering for a week is truly gross and while you think you don't smell others around you would probably disagree. The fact your in a relationship is astonishing, I guess it's true people will settle.

bibblebop 8

I dont know for sure but i feel like he's trying to get something across lol.

maybe if it was all in a set he thought it was one of those spa things, guys can be a bit clueless like that. happy birthday OP

man_in_black08 28

Im surprised he continues to be with you after 3 strikes. He is a keeper OP!

My nan did that for me but because I couldn't afford all this girly stuff and he got tired of seeing me suffer Idc if he was trying to be mean Free stuff for me Invite him in for the spa party ;)

Your nan is a he, and you think deodorant, soap, and a razor are girly stuff instead of essential human stuff? Interesting…

did you ever hear about the pink tax? while soap, razor and deodorant are not explicitly girly stuff the girly aka the "pink" version tends to be more expensive than the normal or guy version. and the nan might be just a person who prefers he as a pronoun - or it was just a typo.

It's because chicks will pay whatever for pretty shiny things and guys tend to only buy what they really need so those sorts of marketing tactics don't work for men. Also have you ever read instructions for women? Don't use while sleeping. If plug doesn't fit in outlet, turn around and try again.... Men's stuff doesn't have this shit. stereotypes are stereotypes for a reason. they're mostly true. Who the hell needs to be told not to use an electric razor while asleep