By helpless_soul - 29/08/2011 04:27 - United States

Spicy
Today, while standing in line at the video store, I happen to notice a very hot young girl on the TV screen, and mentioned to my friend that I'd "hit that." I was immediately punched by the girl in front of me. Seems the hot girl on TV was her on a security monitor. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 056
You deserved it 50 615

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Creepy and an idiot. A winning combination.

I guess she'd hit you right back. I figure though that anyone who thinks OP deserves it condones physical abuse as a justifiable response to an admittedly somewhat inappropriate comment. If the genders were reversed and a guy hit a girl OP for making a similar comment, would the OP still deserve it? I smell a double standard here.

Comments

Anyone who talks like that needs to be punched. It's the only way they'll learn.

leadman1989 15

-_- Anyone who supports draconian behavioral restrictions needs to lighten up.

KaskStunter 4

Omg, OP u totally left out how I made u cry with 1 punch. Ur a douche and a wuss. Lol

Oh gee, give a girl a compliment and she punches you in the face. Maybe if you tell her she looks fat in that shirt, she'll make out with you. :I

nachtfee 9

Christ, seriously people? "I'd hit that," is not a compliment.

muchagente 5

but that's how me and my girlfriend met!

It is a complement to a guys way of thinking.He thought she was sexy.Of course,he could have said it a little quieter.

She needs to learn how to take a compliment. I'm a girl with mostly guy friends and they'll make a lewd comments but I don't punch them in the face. If girls don't get compliments they get all whiny and upset"I'M NOT PRETTY WAHHH!" but when they get one its "EWW YOU PERV!" With this girl you could've called her beautiful and she'd of found something wrong. You should have her arrested, you have the first amendment on your side. You didn't touch her, just said you'd like to.Don't worry, she'll never have a happy relationship being all feminazi like that. #46 if that was really you, wow, what a bitch and I hope you get arrested. He's not a wuss for crying, your a wuss for not being able to take a compliment.

A lot of us other girls don't think a lewd comment is the same as a compliment. That doesn't make us all whiny brats who will have a fit when we DO get a proper compliment, though. We just want to be treated with some respect. That shouldn't be too much for ANYONE to ask, regardless of gender. Anyway, friends joking around is completely different than random strangers being pigs, especially if someone is sensitive about that sort of thing. For all OP knows, she could have had some sort of sexual trauma in her past that made her super-sensitive to a crude comment like that...

Although I don't think the girl should have punched him i agree with why she was offended. It's the same thing as when I go running and random guys whistle at me. It makes me feel uncomfortable and when it happens I quickly run home whether I'm done with my workout or not. A random guy saying that hed **** you is not a compliment and I agree with the comment above. For all you know she could have been stalked, raped, or worse and her hearing him say he would hit that might have scared her. I have a friend that burst into tears because a guy said something very similar and I found out later that it was because she was raped at a younger age.

leadman1989 15

Who decides what's lewd and what isn't? It's all perception. I agree about the previous trauma but we can't all walk around on egg shells because what MIGHT have happened to someone else, life isn't fair.

I think when friends make "lewd comments" it shows a lack of respect, but that may be just me. Certain comments are just universally inappropriate, such as the one OP said. I don't think he deserved to be punched over it, but I definitely don't condone what he said (or the girls response to his comment). If the first thing someone said to me was "I'd hit that" (whether it was about me or referring to someone else), I'd automatically think less of the commenter because they can't control their impulses to say something like that out loud and because it's just not a very high class thing to say.

I just think it's funny that it's mainly girls who are criticizing the girl in this FML and calling her "unappreciative" and a "dumb bitch that can't take a compliment".... Clearly, the girls who are commenting and criticizing her were either never hit on like this girl was or can only get sleazy guys who say stuff like OP said.

How old r u OP? Because if u were around her age, would u really need to put hot 'young' girl? Thats a little peda-file-ish, dont u agree? And furthermore, how old was SHE!?! Young could mean many things.... It seems we r all talking about if its right or not for a girl to punch u because of that comment.because if the roles were reversed and she said that and a guy punched her, it wouldnt be the least bit funny. I guess what im saying, OP, is that ur stupid. And dont disagree with me, he cant tell the difference between a tv and a security monitor. Sry OP.

1. "I'd hit that" isn't a compliment. 2. Why didn't you see yourself on the monitor? WOW!