By Getmeout - 31/05/2012 06:50 - United States - Hartfield

Today, while sitting in my Forensic Psychology class, my professor listed all of the main traits that indicate someone may very well be a sociopath. Every single trait described my fiancé perfectly. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 717
You deserved it 5 727

Same thing different taste

Top comments

OhDearBetrayal 25

Sociopaths are very nice people. Don't believe all of the stereotypes. I mean they don't all murder and get caught.

Are you the guy who went to break up with his abusive, controlling girlfriend and got engaged instead?

Comments

Yeah....many people fit some traits of sociopathy and all of them aren't violent criminals. You're a student. You can't diagnose him, there are many exceptions to every rule. If you are that taken in and scared, ask him to undergo an evaluation. Don't jump to conclusions because you may ruin a good thing.

hewro_failure 11

Physical traits or behavioral cause if it's his behavior why would you date him clearly the first thing about a sociopath is that they can't love...

unknown_user5566 26

The keyword here is "main"- just because he has some of the 'top' traits doesn't necessarily mean anything. In my Psychology courses I've been able to "diagnose" myself, family and friends with undesirable disorders... it happens to a lot of students studying Psychology. Most teachers will warn you not to try and self-diagnose, because the process of an actual diagnosis is more complex than simply displaying a few of the traits.

That sucks. Watch him closely and don't let him try to kill you like my ex tried to do. Good luck.

I feel your pain, I took the class a few years late, I actually married the crazy freak!

kittensinmypants 0

I sense a Josh and Susan Powell relationship just don't have kids with him

Not every sociopath or psychopath lacks the capacity to love, though that is the norm. Some care deeply for certain people, and can actually have healthy relationships with them. They probably won't miss you even if they go without seeing you, but they still are able to love.

Thank you, as a member of the sociopathic community, it hurts me when people say we don't care about anything...I just don't care about everything...somethings are important, like love, family, and for me, being a gentleman and being honourable, but outside of that, I really can't say I've given a damn ever...but its not like I haven't tried...its the same as being born without legs, you don't have something everyone else does, so you learn to adapt and live in society with everyone else...

Corilee13 7

So you're with a guy who tortures small animals, sets fires and wets the bed? Sounds like YDI if you didn't think that was a tad off...