By Getmeout - 31/05/2012 06:50 - United States - Hartfield

Today, while sitting in my Forensic Psychology class, my professor listed all of the main traits that indicate someone may very well be a sociopath. Every single trait described my fiancé perfectly. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 717
You deserved it 5 727

Same thing different taste

Top comments

OhDearBetrayal 25

Sociopaths are very nice people. Don't believe all of the stereotypes. I mean they don't all murder and get caught.

Are you the guy who went to break up with his abusive, controlling girlfriend and got engaged instead?

Comments

hateevryone 14

Get him mentally evaluated. If he is actually a sociopath then his feelings may be hurt but who cares? It's not like he cares about yours or anybody else's. If it turns out he isn't a sociopath, then obviously you only noticed this because his behavior bothers you and him need to work on your relationship.

riotofquiet 14

The sociopath's feelings may be hurt? lol what feelings?

KBear3109 29

1 in 3 people have sociopathic tendencies. Some are innate and some are nurtured. It's all how people demonstrate these abilities. Some of the tendencies are actually focused based and make people better at their jobs. They are not all crazy murderers.

Thank you for being smart and reasonable, and logical! "When I conquer the world, your death shall be swift and quick!" (That's what Stewie says in a Family Guy episode, and he's a typical sociopath)

purplemnm 9

It's a strange disorder, like most other personality disorders. Any normal person can have the traits and still not be a sociopath (or any other social/personality disorder.) Don't take it seriously, and don't confront him about it. If he hasn't been a big enough problem that you actually got engaged to him, then it's fine.

skyeyez9 24

This is only a FML if you still marry him. You still have a choice.

skyeyez9 24

Don't marry him if you have a bad feeling about it. Sociopaths don't care about anybody but themselves. No conscience, only see Their point of view. Doesn't sound like good husband material if he has those traits.

skyeyez9 24

If someone displays the traits I mentioned above (extreme selfishness and lack of empathy) they should marry that person.

ThecomingofTan 9

I actually heard a hypothetical situation that can let you know if someone, at the very least suffers from sociopathic tendencies. It starts out with a man and his little sister going to their parents funeral. He then looks across the casket, and his eyes meet with a woman standing across from him. She then walks over to him and gives her condolences, and he offers her a ride home. Later that night she kills his little sister. Why? She killed her because she would get to see him again at his sisters funeral. But I agree with everyone else, you shouldn't diagnose her by yourself. Let a professional do it.

ThecomingofTan 9

I think I should clarify that post. You're supposed to ask someone that hypothetical situation in the form of a question, and if their answer is similar to what I posted, she may or may not suffer from sociopathic tendencies.

Sociopath does not = homicidal psychopath.

skyeyez9 24

But it equals a shitty one sided marriage where the sociopath only cares about himself/herself.

sorry, but not every sociopath can't love, just most...I deeply love a dead woman, and a woman who left me, and I am a diagnosed sociopathically-traited person...

Sociopaths don't always kill. While they are very manipulative and cunning and feel no remorse for what they did, a very small percentage actually do kill people.

So he has... GLIB and SUPERFICIAL CHARM GRANDIOSE SELF-WORTH NEED FOR STIMULATION or PRONENESS TO BOREDOM PATHOLOGICAL LYING CONNING AND MANIPULATIVENESS LACK OF REMORSE OR GUILT SHALLOW AFFECT CALLOUSNESS and LACK OF EMPATHY PARASITIC LIFESTYLE POOR BEHAVIORAL CONTROLS PROMISCUOUS SEXUAL BEHAVIOR EARLY BEHAVIOR PROBLEMS LACK OF REALISTIC, LONG-TERM GOALS IMPULSIVITY IRRESPONSIBILITY FAILURE TO ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR OWN ACTIONS MANY SHORT-TERM MARITAL RELATIONSHIPS JUVENILE DELINQUENCY REVOCATION OF CONDITION RELEASE CRIMINAL VERSATILITY ... how and why are you still with him

do you realize you just described a high school male?