By Shirley - 15/02/2012 00:43 - United States

Today, while out for our romantic Valentine's dinner, my boyfriend of 2 and a half years told me that he believes in females being subservient, that I'm not allowed to have opinions anymore, that he is "the alpha dog" and I'm merely the "beta dog", and that I have to "get used to it." FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 902
You deserved it 7 569

Same thing different taste

Top comments

muahzzbaybee 0

he should "get used to" not having a GF anymore......you can do better

Comments

... You mean EX-boyfriend, right? Because, surely, you dumped him on the spot, right? Possibly threw a drink in his face just for some emphasis? Gathered up all his shit and tossed it out on the lawn, as is proper? If you haven't dumped him, YDI. I mean, it's still an FML either way, but if you choose to stay with him after he spouts that kind of shit, then you deserve whatever comes after.

Wtf, he went a bit over the top with the Twilight series. And how exactly does he expect someone to 'stop having opinions'? o.O I hope you dumped him.

I'm just not understanding what the twilight series has to do with this FML.(?)

monnanon 13

basically because the twilight series has werewolves and they have a pack system of alphas, enforcers and so on then the OPs boyfriend couldnt have possibly got that info from anywhere else like I dunno a nature program like that guy who spends his days as part of a wolf pack. No no no it had to be twilight the source of all wolfy knowledge.

birds_fml 7

I'm not sure if you deserved this or not. How did you date him for that long without figuring out he's sexist? I'm sure he must've said SOMETHING demeaning about women, and it wasn't just out of the blue he decided that women should be subservient. In any case, you need to dump him. I'm sure you don't want to stay with someone like that, do you?

Actually it's possible. I have a group of female friends who were all friends with this one guy, one of my female friends who was really close to him. One day they were talking and he said "Girls should just stay in the kitchen". He meant it. Until that point, though, nobody would have guessed he felt that way...

_mystique_ 0

dump the ****** he is a douchebag.

monnanon 13

As much as i kind of like the wolf analogy he seems to have forgotten that alphas are only there becuase they fought their way to the top and are constantly challanged for leadership. There is only two of you so go on Beta usurp the git :D Tis your destiny :)

shade609 0

"beta dog?" what the hell is a beta dog? alpha dog exists, beta dog is bullshit, just like this guy. break up with the douche.

you have options- 1: dump him! 2: tell him he might be the "alpha dog" but he's not going to get laid anytime soon with that attitude.

he's into role play, him master you slavegirl. if you don't like it break up with him and watch him become a weak pussy beging to have you back lmao

I would have laughed my ass off, dumped him, then walked out laughing.