By littlelottie - 17/01/2012 17:04 - United States

Today, when I excitedly announced to my mother-in-law that I was pregnant, she looked at me with a blank expression and asked me who the father was. She's 45. She's not senile or suffering from dementia, but apparently just suffering from being a chronic bitch. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 596
You deserved it 3 598

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You should have told her about it AFTER she had finished rounding up the rest of the Dalmatians, she might have been in a better mood then.

And now we see why the letters of "mother in law" rearranged spell "Hitler woman"

Comments

Ins_Knie 2

...or she knows her son is irreversibly sterile. Oops. Now what? Need a Twix to chew it over?

Congrats! justice sure you don't invite her to the baby shower(:

GoW_Chick 14
bchelle11 0

ACTUALLY it's not too young. My mom is 37 and I'm 18. I'm not married yet I'm just saying. She would have to be at least 18.

Maybe she should have restricted access to the baby if she can't manage to treat the mother of her grandchild civilly and respectfully. After all, it could be very damaging to expose a young and impressionable child to a person like her.

This is a great point! I have unstable family members and we keep theit contact with our daughter limited and supervised.

If my mother ever spoke to my fiancée like that she would have my permission to call her out on the insult

To all the people saying 'tell her the father is her husband.' You realize she'd be implying she slept with her father-in-law right?

desireev 17

Yes. That's the point of the joke.

Stand up and say something now cuz if you don't she will always be a bitch to you! Good luck girl!

lizard399 0

Oh gosh I would just give it right back "good question, it's going to be quite an adventure finding him. All those nights at the bar while my husband was at work leaves a lot of possibilities. I might have to leave it up to the little one here to find him when they get older. You should know the feeling, right?" Or maybe I would just say that in my head cause you'll have to deal with her forever now.. but what a bitch.

I would have smiled and said "of course not" and walked away :)

How old is your husband if your mother in law is 45?!

He could be as old as 27 if the MIL had him around 18... I don't see why everyone is so crazy about the ages!! My boyfriend is 19 and his mother is only 37...

Seriously, I'm 23, have been married for 2 years and my mum's 46 (she had me when she was 23). Why is everyone so confused by this?!