By littlelottie - 17/01/2012 17:04 - United States

Today, when I excitedly announced to my mother-in-law that I was pregnant, she looked at me with a blank expression and asked me who the father was. She's 45. She's not senile or suffering from dementia, but apparently just suffering from being a chronic bitch. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 596
You deserved it 3 598

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You should have told her about it AFTER she had finished rounding up the rest of the Dalmatians, she might have been in a better mood then.

And now we see why the letters of "mother in law" rearranged spell "Hitler woman"

Comments

ZielZone 4

Is she a chronic bitch or does she think you're a *****?? Big difference

OP, If I was your husband and my mother deliberately disrespected you in such a manner, I would take that very personal and call her on that. My wife is the person I chose to be my everything. Disrespecting you is the same as disrespecting your husband as well. She should be polite, even if distant, instead of deliberately trying to make her son feel like a failure by disapproving his choice of life partner. I am sorry this happened to you, OP. Cheers.

ZielZone 4

Dude... There is something as, showing "disrespect" from one person to another, but adding "ing" doesn't make it a verb... Where the **** did you learn English???

GoW_Chick 14

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't disrespecting a verb, and a word in the English language, as in "why are you disrespecting Draco's choice in words" where did you learn english?

kickboxingchick 5

It's hilarious because ZielZone thought he'd be a smart ass and he was wrong.

Wow, Zielzone takes a swipe at me, and before I can retort, 4 other people bitch slap him, lol! Very kind of all of you, my gratitude. :) But, I will still answer his question as to "where the **** did I learn English?" Actually, my mother. She retired from being a high school English teacher last year. Seriously. :) Sorry friend, better luck next time. ;)

Llama_Face89 33

105- And I was wondering what the human race was coming to... Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you Exhibit A.

What a terrible grandmother... Call her Granny from now on. If she's forty-five, she probably wont enjoy the reminder of her perpetual ageing! : D

Snafuusmc 12
Snafuusmc 12

Because that's what you call the family of your spouse, your in-laws. Mother-in-law, father-in-law, even brother and sister-in-law. After you marry your spouse they are family by law now.

bizarre_ftw 21

Why did dumbasses thumb your comment down? Isn't it sad how many people assume everyone on the Internet can only possibly be from where they're from, and so become assholes when people from different cultures don't know the finer points of theirs?

That really sucks I would have freaked out on her. Said some really nasty things and walked away.

my mother in law is a chronic bitch too...funny thing though- she and my father in law were ecstatic that I was pregnant. it was my own parents who yelled at me that I am not ready for kids OR "financially stable"

Should have said,"luckily it won't be related to you!"